Chapter Twenty Three - The End

Zach Herron's POV

After the traumatizing experience within that old dirty dungeon, I never breathed a bit of air again.

I never got to say goodbye to my parents, my friends, my other relatives... For all they knew, I had just disappeared into the world of nothingness; I place they'll never see me again.

My body will never be retrieved, they'll have zero import on my whereabouts... Forever I'll keep them worried but I hope, one day, they'll forget about me and carry on living their life.

Unlike me, they probably won't be granted a second chance to live a life they wish to have.

I doubt they'll ever got to a point where they're on the verge of death and the Devil himself decides I was worthy enough to reincarnate into a spiritual form.

•••

It's been two long years of adapting and changing, along side my new friends it wasn't as hard as it should've been.

Although, it seems I have living a happy ending... Daniel wasn't. He was suffering from a heartbreak of betrayal, slowly though, the innocent blue eyed ghost started returning to us as the original him.

Never once did he waste his time with Corbyn, the two argued and bickered constantly over the silliest things; everything they did was a competition. Nothing they did was kindhearted and friendly.

Daniel had been decent enough to forgive the rest of us, he understood our purpose in all this but poor Corbyn wasn't. These two were connected in ways no one could imagine, the feeling of betrayal from such a close person must be overwhelming... I feel so much sympathy for Daniel as well as Corbyn.

Both were in the right and wrong; they needed to learn that and stop blaming each other. The sooner they realise and accept that, the easier things will become for both parties involved.

"Zachary!" I hear a soft familiar voice call out as the 'y' is dragged out in a childish way. Allowing my eyes to slip open, I glance over at my precious Angel.

Those beautiful curly locks of his were dangling down his forehead as he looks up at me with a small shy smile.

We were cuddling on our bed even though we have the ability to float. Jack liked doing things considered human because he believed it made me feel less guilty for leaving everyone back home, I don't know where that logic came from but Jack was too cute to deny.

"Yes, babe?" I reply softly at the small figure laid on my chest as he gently trial a cold finger over it. Nowadays, I couldn't sense temperature. Everything was the same mild coldness but I didn't mind as much anymore.

"I love you."

My whole body warmed at that, he's never said anything remotely that serious before.

"I love you too, always." I respond, turning us over so I'm on top and Jack's underneath me. I trapped his head between my two arms before pressing my lips against his in a passionate kiss.

Almost immediately, his lips are pressing back against mine as the kiss starts getting slightly more heated.

Carefully, I low myself down onto his body until we're chest to chest unfortunately both still completely clothed. I start leaving wet kisses down his pale neck as he withers underneath me in delight.

"Za--"

"Oh My God! Why does this always happen to me?!" I hear a certain blonde's voice shout as I lift off Jack and we burst out laughing.

Daniel and Jonah were levitating behind Corbyn as the four of laugh while Jack whines and blushes; telling them to leave us alone.

I guess, some things never change.

•••

THE END!

I wasn't originally going to end this book so soon but I felt like I've dragged it on long enough. It's been an on going story for well over a year now and I'm only just finishing it now.

Sorry it's so bad and short, I just wanted to hurry up and write this. I hope you enjoyed anyway.

Thank you for reading all the way up to here, it means so much to me! Please leave a vote and comment how you enjoyed the book; feedback is very appreciated!

Also, thank you so much for 11k reads! That's actually insane!!

-

HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT A DORBYN SEQUEL¿?

-