Chapter 3: Infiltrate the Everlue Mansion

In her new apartment, Lucy wakes up and begins her daily routines. As she enters her room, she sees Natsy and Happy sitting on the sofa. She quickly kicks the two into the wall and begins to lecture them about common courtesy. Natsu thinks that she is being a little harsh, but in the end doesn't seem to care much.

"What about Aika where is she?" Lucy asked kinda annoyed

"Aika didn't want to come, she doesn't like you" Happy answered

"What why" Lucy asked snapping out of her annoyed state

"Don't know" Happy said sharpening his claws on the walls

Natsu then snoops around Lucy's private papers, which gets him a kick in the face. Lucy makes a cup of tea and says that Natsu should go home, but Natsu quickly ignores this. He asks her about her Celestial Spirit keys.

Lucy shows him her current keys, a total of six, with three of the gold Zodiac while three of them are the ordinary silver keys. She introduces each key to them while explaining the difference between the silver and the gold keys.

Lucy then remembers that she hasn't made a contract with her newly-bought Celestial Spirit, Nikora, and allows the two to watch her make a contract with it. She then summons Nikora, the Canis Minor, who is a small white bear-like creature with a pointed nose.

Natsu and Happy think that it is utterly ridiculous, but Lucy thinks that it's cute and explains that it doesn't take much energy to call out and therefore is popular as a pet. Natsu sits down and continues drinking his tea while Lucy makes up a contract with Nikora, asking for the days which Nikora can be summoned.

Natsu thinks that it looks easy, but Lucy explains that the contract is very important and that a Celestial Spirit Mage never breaks a promise. She then comes up with the name Plue for Nikora, which both Natsu and Happy consider weird.

Plue makes gestures and movements that no one but Natsu understands. Natsu then observes Lucy for a while and asks her to form a team with him. Lucy thinks that it is a great idea and Natsu says that he already has a job picked.

Lucy doesn't mind and takes the poster from Natsu. She reads the contract and discovers that they get 200,000 jewl just for stealing a certain book. As she reads on, she discovers that the person they are going to steal from is a perverted old man who is recruiting blonde maids. Lucy realizes that she has been tricked, while Natsu reminds her that Celestial Mages never break a promise.

"Why dont you use Aika!" Lucy shouted

"But Aika doesn't have blonde hair" Happy said

"But she's small and cute!" Lucy shouted

Meanwhile back at the guild, Team Shadow Gear are looking for the request about stealing a book but Mirajane informs them that Natsu already took it. Levy is disappointed with herself, but Makarov tells her that it was better that she did not take the job since the reward has been raised to 2,000,000 jewl much to everyone's surprise.

They heard a cup shatter and everyone looked over to Aika. She was drinking with Cana and broke her cup, the angry look in her eyes were replaced with sad tearful eyes. Grey sat down next to her and rubbed  her head.

"Hey it's ok Aika, why don't we go on a job together" Grey suggested, Aika whiped her eyes and nodded

The guild smiled as Grey and Aika went to the board to look for a job to do. Mira pointed out a job to retrieve a stolen gem, Grey and Aika decided it would be a good job suited for two people.

Elsewhere, Team Natsu (Natsu, Lucy, and Happy) is making their way to Shirotsume Town. As soon as they arrive in the destination, Natsu gets hungry and suggests they eat at a restaurant, but Lucy apparently has something else to do so she leaves Happy and Natsu at the restaurant.

While Natsu and Happy are eating, Lucy comes back in a maid outfits. Natsu and Happy are shocked since they only meant the maid issue as a joke. Lucy overhears them and gets annoyed.

The group later arrives at the house of their client, Kaby Melon. Kaby explains that Everlueis the one who has the book at the moment and he says that he wants the book destroyed. They are shocked when they hear the news that the 200,000  reward has been upped to 2,000,000 . When asked by Lucy why he wanted the book destroyed, Kaby simply replies that he cannot allow the book to exist.

Lucy, in her maid outfit, stands at the gate to the mansion when a giant maid comes up from the ground, saying that Lucy must be here due to her master’s request for maids.

Everlue himself pops up after the giant maid to inspect Lucy, but he rejects her on the grounds that she is ugly. Lucy goes back to Natsu who's standing in the woods not far away. With their initial plan a failure, they decide to go with their next one, which means going in the mansion by force.

Not long after managing to sneak in, four of Everlue's maids attack them, but are scared off by the mask Happy picked up in a storeroom upon entering the mansion. The giant maid, Virgo, jumps on Natsu, but he counterattacks and she is defeated.

The group continues their search and finds the library where the book should be located. By accident,Natsu finds the book quickly and is ready to burn it when he gets stopped by Lucy who sees that the book is written by Kemu Zaleon and she states that she is a huge fan and has to read it. They are interrupted by Everlue who wants the book back. Lucy ignores him and begins to read the book.

Annoyed, Everlue calls out the Vanish Brothers just as Lucy discovers that the book holds a secret and runs away with it to know more. Everlue follows Lucy and Happy leaves to back her up while Natsu is left to fight the Vanish Brothers. He has some trouble with them at first as they are anti-fire specialists, but as soon as he gets to eat some fire he blows the entire mansion up, along with the Vanish Brothers. 

Meanwhile Grey and Aika arrived at  the neighboring Kingdom of Wales, most wizards there specialized in water magic. They went into the palace and bowed before the king, queen, and princess.

"Hello your majesties, we are the wizards from the fairy tail guild" Grey introduced

"A group of wizards tried to kidnap the princess but ended up taking her crown instead, the crown is very valuable and we fear that they might come back to take her" The king explained as Grey and Aika stood up

"Well Aika are you up for this?" Grey asked and she nodded happily

"Alright your majesty, I think I have a plan but you have to trust us and I'll need to borrow a couple things" Aika said smiling and the king and queen nodded.