Chapter 26: Lucy vs. Flare

Chapati announces that it is time for the competition and explains the rules. He announces that Lucy from Team Fairy Tail A and Flare from Team Raven Tail will fight in the first match.

"Well I'm out" Aika said walking away

"Don't you want to watch?" Kai asked

"Nah, I already know she's going to lose, Raven Tail will win using any tricks they can pull" Aika replied

"Come on Aika you know guilds are supposed to stay to watch the matches" Daichi said wraping his arms around her waist

Aika sighed "fine"

As Lucy walks towards the center of the arena, Mavis Vermillion discusses with the other members of Fairy Tail what Ivan could be planning, to which Makarov replies that he only wants to disgrace Fairy Tail. The battle starts, and Lucy immediately summons the Celestial Spirit Taurus to attack Flare.

The latter dodges, but Lucy summons a second Celestial Spirit, Scorpio, and the two Spirits combine their attacks, sending Flare flying. Everyone in the audience is surprised and comments on the extent of Lucy's growth and potential, since she is now able to not only summon two Spirits at once, but also combine their attacks.

The two participants engage in a fierce battle, as Flare uses her hair to capture Lucy's legs and prevent her from moving, but Lucy counterattacks with her Fleuve d'étoiles. They both refuse to let go of the other, and this results in them both falling to the ground, having taken damage.

As Flare sees that she cannot overcome Lucy and that her opponent is at an advantage, she has her hair pierce deep into the ground as a last resort. From this point forward, the previously intense fight now turns to a one-sided beating, as Flare dominates a helpless Lucy with her Crimson Hair.

Lucy attempts to forfeit, but Flare once again stops her and tells her that she has not had enough fun yet. Searching for a way to humiliate Lucy further, she decides to burn Raven Tail's mark to the exact place that Lucy's Fairy Tail mark is located.

"What kind of trick is she pulling, a part if Flare's hair hasn't left the ground" Kai pointed out

Aika looked at the angle of her hair "based on the hair's length and and angle the end of her hair goes to" Aika's eyes went up to the stands "that bitch" Aika sudently ran

"Hey Aika, where are you going?" Daichi questioned

Aika ran up to where fairy tail was, they watched as she ran behind Asuka, and grabbed the end of Flare's hair and burned it.

"Dirty trick, threatening a child" Aika said as Bisca hugged Asuka

Natsu smiled a bit before shouting to Lucy "Asuka safe! You're in the clear Lucy!"

Taking advantage of her chance, Lucy summons the Celestial Spirit Gemini, who attacks Flare and allows Lucy to be free of her hair. Lucy orders Gemini to transform into herself and do "that" technique.

Despite Gemini saying that they have not practised it enough yet. Meanwhile, Jet wonders why Lucy would have Gemini transform into herself instead of Laxus or Erza, but Levy tells him that Gemini can only turn into someone whose Magic Power is near to its owner's.

Lucy and Gemini begin to chant the spell of Urano Metria, and Hibiki Lates congratulates her for learning it on her own. While casting, Lucy says that her Magic Power is not at the level it was the first time she used it, despite casting it along with Gemini this time, however she declares that this attack will strike with the full power of her guild.

Under unknown means, however, when the spell is about to hit Flare, Lucy's Magic Power vanishes, along with Gemini, and Lucy falls to the ground defeated, with Flare Corona being announced the winner of the fight.

"Like I said, she'll lose" Aika said as she turned to go back to her guild mates

"Hey Aika" Bisca called

Aika turned to look at her "yeah?"

Bisca smiled "thank you"

"Asuka's only a child, it's natural that I'd help her" Aika said before walking away

"It's been so many years, she's changed a lot" Natsu said sadly

Lucy, is humiliated further by Flare, as well as the audience, and lays alone in the arena grounds, crying. Natsu, walks up to her and tells her to save the tears for when they win, and that she did a fantastic job in showing them that they can still fight in this era.

He comforts her and says that the outcome only makes things more interesting in the process of becoming the number one guild in Fiore again. Lucy agrees, still crying, and says that she is fired up for this as well.