Chapter 55.

Zeus's limp body spewed out blood and I crawled out of the way quickly. I heard the person snicker and I sighed, afraid to look up. When I did I couldn't believe who it was.
"Miss me?" Artemis smiled and I tackled her in a hug. She laughed and I hugged her tightly.
"Perfect timing, I'd say." She smiled and I smiled back.
"I needed you right about now." I said and she nodded. Then Gaea snickered and the earth moved beneath our feet.
"You can't win, even with that excuse of a goddess on your side." She spat and threw a blade at Artemis. She grabbed it mid air and threw it back at Gaea. It ran across her ear and she stumbled backwards and screamed in disbelief.
"How?!" She spat and Artemis giggled.
"I've had to fight for the past 2 months to get back here. I've learned a few things" She smiled and Gaea sighed
"I'll have you learn a few more." She spat and ran towards me and Artemis. I tackled Gaea and slammed her into the earth. It wrapped around her but she sank in and appeared underneath me and slammed me into the sky.
I screamed and she kicked Artemis. Artemis flew backward and I caught her. She smiled and I set her down before charging Gaea again. I kicked her in the face and she was sent flying backwards into a tree. I beat her down and punched and kicked her and she only stayed on defense. She laughed Evilly and I noticed what happened. My feet were stuck into the earth, and as she rose to her feet, she struck me in the face.
My feet were torn out of the ground and i slammed into a tree. I groaned in pain and Gaea laughed.
"Poor Son, you'll learn soon enough." She spat and I tried to stand up, but only fell backwards into the dirt.
I closed my eyes and thought of all the water around me. Winds started swirling and whistling and rain started falling. Strength reentered my body, and I could feel my pain slowly go away. Gaea smiled and threw a dagger at me. I caught it in my hand, and told Artemis to run and help the demigods.
As Artemis ran out to the demigods, I was left with Gaea.
"Let's fight, shall we." I asked and she smirked.
"Let's." She said and kicked me in the chest. Rain struck my skin and I regained any energy I had lost.
The winds swirled around me and Gaea started having trouble standing straight up. She had to lean to her right, which gave me an advantage.
I charged her and slashed her right knee, causing her to stumble over and sink down. She popped up behind me and slashed my back.
I groaned and swung my foot around. It struck her face and she smacked into a tree. She spat on the floor and I shot water at her face and kicked her chest. She flew backwards and when she landed she smiled.
"You may have won the battle, but you won't win the war." She skickered and sank into the earth. My tattered shirt fell to the floor as I raced up to the top of the hill, trying to join my demigod army in battle. When I got up, there was bloodshed, but lots of people looked good.
The wounded were already getting bandaged up and helped back to camp, and the dead were given proper burials.
"This... this camp is OURS" I shouted and everyone cheered. We had one it. I led the army down to the campsite and everyone found their own rooms, since Gaea was housing way more soilders then us.
Reyna walked up to me and smiled.
"Congrats Percy." She smiled and hugged me.
"Couldn't have done it without everyone." I smiled and she smiled back.
"I've set up troops outside keeping an eye on the forests and things. " Reyna said and I smiled.
"Perfect. See what this camp had for food. Must've been big since they housed such a huge army." I said and Reyna nodded and skipped off.
The sun was setting quickly, and I walked through the camp quickly until I found a little lake. A dock went out a little bit, so I walked out on it and I could feel the warmth from the lake. Steam rose from the lake and I jumped into the lake.
I sat on the muddy bottom and regained my energy and health.
'GodS, Ziana working for Gaea.' I said to myself , something I would've never imagined.
When I pulled myself out of the lake, Artemis was waiting on the dock.
"Reyna said you'd be here." She smiled and I smiled back and hugged her.
"Last time I saw you, I had killed you." I said guiltily and she smiled.
"That wasn't me. That was someone else." She said and I nodded. "Don't worry, Percy. I am here." She put her hand on my cheek.
I grabbed her other hand, and a tear slipped out of my eye. She wiped it away and walked closer to me.
"Percy." She said and pressed her forehead against mine. "I am okay. I'm here, and I love you." She said. I could feel her warm lips close to mine as the temperature dropped by the second.
"I love you too" I said, close as I could be to not kissing here.
I laced my fingers between hers and pressed my lips onto her amazingly warm lips.