Prologue

Dear Diary,

They'll never understand how much pain I go through. With trying to keep them happy to being picked on and hit by Raph for no reason. I mean, come on, what have I done wrong?!

I just wish everything was how it was when we were younger. When I was happy, and we all got along.

Leo's and Raph's fighting is getting worse each day. It got physical once, but the guys and I are too scared to talk about it. Left us all sad for days. They apologized to each other, though.

But, how have I been able to stay hidden behind a mask for so long? They've noticed once before. I slipped up and revealed myself a little to them. They got "worried" (which probably wasn't real) and asked if I was ok.

I have the instinct to tell them I am, so that's what I did. I gave them my signature smile, and they believed me enough to stop pestering me.

Those are the only times they believe me. They all think I'm just dumb and useless. They don't have to tell me, I already know. But, they'll realize it soon. I'm just the weak link. Not meant to be here. I only drag them down.

I do so much for them, just for them to be happy. But, none of it ever works. They're too blindsided to realize that something is wrong. And that thing that's wrong... is me.

Sincerely,
Mikey