Chapter 2

Previously:

I narrowed my eyes in thought. I didn't want him to get hurt. He would have gotten the injury instead of me, and I would have probably just stood there frozen, making it all my fault.

"I-I......"
-----------------------------------------
Mikey's POV

I stumbled on my words, wanting to say and not wanting to say what was on my mind.

"It's fine, Leo. Honestly," I told Leo, "Plus, it was me, or you. And I wasn't gonna let you get hurt because of a stupid prank that Raphie's ego couldn't handle."

Leo hummed but did not say anything. I could tell he was still guilty. I was going to say something to him, but I was interrupted by a shout.

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

Leo and I exchanged shocked glances, then darted into the kitchen. We looked on in surprise as we saw Donnie giving a now-clean Raph an enraged look.

"What did you do that for?! It was a mindless prank!" Donnie yelled.

Raph's mouth opened and closed a few times, barely able to formulate words. Then he caught sight of Leo and me in the doorway, and his shock changed to guilt.

"M'sorry, Mike. I didn't mean it," Raph mumbled.

Donnie turned to face us and his rage changed to worry as he spotted the bandage on my arm. He walked over to check it, then nodded his approval, wrapping my wound back up.

"Good job, Leo. You bandaged it well," Donnie praised, though I do not know how he knew Leo did the bandaging.

Probably because he thinks I'm worthle-

"Thanks, Don," Leo thanked, then swung his rage to Raph.

"Raphael! What were you thinking?! You could have taken Mikey's arm off! And for something as mindless as a prank?! What was the worst thing that could have happened, your ego getting bruised?!

"You need to watch your temper! You could have hurt Mikey for something that wasn't even his idea!" Leo shouted.

Raph's eyes narrowed. Uh, oh. Now they are going to fight, all because of a prank that was only played to provoke an enlightened reaction.

"Oh, I need ta watch my temper now, huh?! Maybe ya shouldn't prank me while I'm sleepin'!" Raph rebuked.

Donnie and I ideally stepped away from the fight, though a permanent frown remained on my face. Donnie glanced my way and could tell I was getting annoyed and upset.

"It was just a prank! You could have just walked it off and showered, Raph! But, no! You just had to defend your ego!"

"This has nothin' ta do with my ego, Fearless! Why don't ya just go ahead and shove it up your-"

"STOP IT!"

My older brothers stared at me in shock. I had tears streaming down my face and an angry expression. I looked at my oldest brothers and gave them a glare.

"Why are you two fighting? Why can't you just get along for once? One day. That's all I ask. Am I asking too much? You're brothers, and all you do is fight.

"One day, you're going to lose one or the other, and one of you is going to die thinking the other hated you. Just, stop it," I whimpered.

My older brothers watched on in sadness as I put my hands to my face and cried.

I heard footsteps and looked up into sapphire eyes as Leo hugged me with all his might. I wrapped my arms around my big brother and sobbed onto his shoulder, my tears running down his shell.

"I'm sorry, Mikester," Leo whispered.

I just shook my head, and the room remained quiet afterward. I just wish my older brothers would get along for once.
—————————————————
TBC...

Sorry, it's so short. Just wanted y'all to have something to read.