CHAPTER TWENTY ONE (love)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Double update today! Enjoy this one...things are heating up hehe

September, 2009

The whole walk back to my house I was in a daze. Since I'd been back I'd had two boys, my two boys, declare their love for me and it left me feeling, well, loved.

But mostly confused.

When I got inside the house Matilda bounded up to me, her blonde hair identical to mine bouncing around her cute little face.

"Hey cutie!" I picked her up. She just smiled at me, poking her tongue out cheekily.

Mum came round the corner suddenly, looking frazzled. "Matilda," she spoke sternly.

"Oooo," I cooed. "Are you in trouble? What have you done now?"

"No, I'm not in trouble!" She retorted, jumping back down.

"Okay, well good. I'll be upstairs," I called to the both of them as I turned and climbed the staircase.

He was standing in the middle of my bedroom when I walked in. Looking around.

"George?"

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was like a ghost from my not so distant past, coming back to haunt me.

His hair was shorter, he'd cut his too. But I couldn't see it fully since he'd covered his head with a beanie.

"Your mum let me in," he spoke.

"Fuck," I whined, running to him and folding myself into his tall frame. "Where did you go?"

"I just needed some time."

"I was so worried about you. I even had mum call your mum to check up on you since you wouldn't respond to any of my texts!" I spoke, looking up at him.

"I know, she told me."

He seemed still so closed off and I was confused why he even bothered coming over unannounced if he was still not going to tell me anything about how he was feeling.

So I backed away from him.

"George, you need to tell me what's going on."

I had to be stern with him. But I also had to make sure I didn't get mad at him, because he seemed to make me that way quite easily.

"Let me start then," I sat down on the floor crossing my legs and leaning back on my hands. He watched me. "Why are you here?"

A smile ghosted his lips. "I needed to see you."

"And why did you need to see me?"

"Because I couldn't go a day longer without seeing you."

"And why did you never respond to anything I sent you?"

I felt like I was interrogating a criminal.

"I didn't know what to say to you."

"You could have just let me know that you were okay! Fuck George, I thought you were dead or something." I felt my anger rising but I took a deep breath and reminded myself that all the situations George and I ended up in where we were fighting was due to my inability to control my anger around him.

"I just thought that it would be easier if I disappeared for a while. You and Matty, you know, had whatever going on and I didn't want to get in the way of it," he divulged.