Chapter 3

I took a deep breath and when I let it go it shuttered.

REEEE!

I jumped as the door flew open beside me.

"Hah!" My father laughed, "got you didn't I!"

"This is not the time for jokes! A Creature is dying here!" I Growled.

"Okay, okay, geez," My father replied.

"It's Dying" I choked.

"Might as well just throw it in the woods, It's not gonna live anyways."

"Dad!" I exclaimed.

"Alright," my father sighed, he completely came outside and closed the door behind him, he went out the garage door, to do something.

I stood up and held the bird close to my chest, wanting to protect it with my life. I slowly turned around and walked to the back door. Its white paint was slowly chipping away after years of use. I sighed and stepped outside. I looked at my feet and saw the random shoes I was wearing. Tan flats with a tiny bow at the front of each shoe. I heard the leaves crunch under my feet as I trudged towards the forest. I passed the tiny white shed we have in the middle of the back of the backyard. We have had that thing for ages, and I mean, AGES. It was probably there before I was born. And I'm 13, I walked straight towards the shed, then curved to the right, stepping onto the small trail made by who knows what. I ducked behind and curved around the trees on the trail, I came to a stop 100 feet inside the woods. I crouched on the ground and looked at the bird again. It's body pumping, it opened its eyes. A small flicker of hope fluttered in my chest. I Smiled at it.

"I'm Here for you," I whispered to the bird.