Chapter Eight

Keith frowned out the large window that showed the endless space he called home.
He missed Lance. Maybe this is how Lance felt when he had claimed he was homesick?

Keith shook the thought away.

He shouldn't miss him, he hurt them and abandoned them then and now. After Lance ran away, no one dared to enter his room, not even now, they were all angry and felt betrayed by him. It didn't take long for their mental states to drop since he wasn't there to keep them sane. Keith seemed the only one not to react, he only trained a bit more. Nothing strange with that.

Keith jumped when Shiro placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Come on. We're about to contact Lance."

They wanted to smooth the tension between the team and Lance. After he broke the news and the had time to grieve, they knew that if they wanted things to work they needed to talk peacefully. 

Keith nodded and followed him to the control room. Everyone was there. Pidge was glaring at the wall to the left of them, they were still angry with Lance.

"Calling Lance McClain." The castle ship announced. "A.K.A Electric Blue." The team watched in silence as a blank white screen appeared. "He is in another call, go through anyway?" The ship questioned, Allura made a noise of affirmation and they continued. Lance's face appeared, he seemed annoyed. His altean like ear twitched when his ship announced their presence.

"Matt is calling." Lance's ship added, Lance looked ready to break something, but in one second the emotion was gone. 

"Vrai, I am sorry to say, but the mistake was yours. I refuse to be held accountable for your mistake." He said, his blue eyes glaring at the screen. Keith wondered it his anger was directed toward them. "This conversation is over. Ship end call! Answer Matt's call! Pull up all calls!" He ordered his ship loudly as he stood and walked to the back area of the screen. He slipped his tight black shirt off, not noticing the flashes of horror that flickered onto the teams face. He replaced his shirt with a loose grey sweater. Then he returned to his seat.

"Voltron. What do you need?" He said shortly, giving Matt a brief knowing look.

"We wanted to talk about what happened the last time we spoke." Allura started keeping her eyes above Lance's head.

"Nothing to talk about. I informed you of something. You reacted badly." Lance said coldly.

"Lance what were those scars from?" Pidge cut in, their eyes hidden by their glasses. They looked pale.

Lance was quiet as he stared at the screen. "I was in the camera's view?" Was all he asked, a nod from Matt made him stand again. "I'll call back." He started, "Ship end Voltron's call." Their screen went black.

Everyone took a seat in their colored seats, all of their eyes glued to Lance's old seat.

"I think we should talk about this." Shiro said, his eyes heavily guarded.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

~~~~~

Sorry about it being short but it is there! Late, but there. I had like 3/4 of this finished in one class then put it to the side, forgetting about it until I got home. I didn't have time to finish it until now! But it's going out and hopefully I won't miss it again!