Day 9: Precious (Sanders Sides)

Definition One: an object, substance, or resource of great value; not to be wasted or treated carelessly.
The first definition seemed to be fair. He held his memories, though abundant, as precious jewels. He knew that anything could happen, so keeping memories of loved ones was always important. He knew better than to take things for granted, he had done that far too much as a kid. Now he is grown and he has his friends and his husband. His precious husband.
Definition Two: affectedly concerned with elegant or refined behavior, language, or manners.
He would use precious to define his friend, an overabundant man who loved theatrics. He certainly loved to exaggerate in a precious manner, throwing his lot in with his luck. That man, surprisingly, had found love in someone who was very dark, aesthetically speaking. They mixed well, despite being opposites. Logan still found him to extremely stupid for taking such an uncalculated risk, though he was glad his friend was happy.
Definition Three: used as a term of address to a beloved person.
This one Logan had thought of often. He had no doubt that Patton was precious to him, no doubt that Patton was, figuratively, the light of his life. Patton had floored him from day one in middle school when they met. Even through high school, Logan had been hopelessly pinning. It was Roman, with a fanfare of dramatics, that helped them get together by their third year. It was Roman that Logan went to often to ask for advice (and unbeknownst to Logan, Roman certainly hadn't kept it a secret from Patton).
After college, they got an apartment together. After two years of living together, Logan took Patton to a date in the dog park. By the end of the day, at the sunset, they sat on a picnic blanket and watched it. Logan was more watching Patton though, how the dying light reflected Pattons beauty. Precious would certainly be a word he'd use to describe Patton.
Patton had turned to him then, a big grin on his face and a thank you on his lips. Until everything seemed to falter, Logan had pulled out a small box, nervously holding it in his hands.
The question was hard pressed, stuttered shyly out. Logan counted in his head with his eyes closed. Statistically speaking, the longer it took for a response, the more likely it is to be rejected, but after hearing a weird choked sound, his eyes opened.
The yes was instantaneous when their eyes met, tears falling down Pattons cheeks as he tackled down Logan with a strained laugh.
That would be a precious memory to them both, when Patton would pull back and they'd share their first kiss as fiances.
Then their wedding day, Roman badgering Logan while Virgil dealt with Patton. The worried disappeared after they saw each other, knowing full well no matter what, they'd be together and there for eachother.
Precious can be such a wonderful word when one can use it to describe everything important to them. Logam certainly loved the word, though he certainly loves his husband more.
~~~~~~~~~~
Uhh yeah idk uhh... Im working on 10 no worries. Im very out of it rn im sick XD