Pride Month day 6: Omnisexual

So im getting an answer that omnisexual is different from pan bc Gender is still taken into account? I hope its right (and if it is does that make me Omniromantic then? Hmmm)
TW: uh an indication of abuse but it's never really outly stated? Like there's absolutely no specifics and uh.. Its only mentioned vaguely 2 or 3 times 👌.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Virgil bit at his sleeves, conflicted. He'd grown to be more careful around men (mostly due to his father who had been out of his life for some time now, but the anxiety hasn't left him.) Yet, he was still confused as to how he could've gotten his genderfluid datemate (who is physically still masculine.)
     He didn't know how to voice his worries, after all they hadn't even had a small flag or indication of any type of violent tendencies, but he's learned. People can be deceiving, his old friends had shown him that when he moved and they'd outted him (though they had outted him incorrectly anyways, so it didn't take him long to overcome that.)
     Yet, Patton could sense his unease at the moment, gently taking Virgil's hand in their own, stopping his incessant scratching at his wrist, a bad habit he hasn't yet got rid of. "Virge, are you okay?" Pat asks softly, not to cause the other more worry.
     Virgil hesitates, he could say yes, lie to the other, but that doesn't sit right with him. "No... Not really, Pat..." He sighs, knowing now he should tell Pat what's wrong, maybe Pat would help him? "I uh... Why do... I mean... You're not just..." He stutters and stumbles and all the while, Patton just patiently waits, knowing they have to let Virgil take his own time.
     "Virge," they say, once they notice Virgil's breathing had picked up a bit. "Breath, Vivi, okay?"
     Virgil nods all too quickly, sucking in a breath and holding it before releasing. "Yeah... Yeah, 'm sorry... I just... I love you, Pat, y'know?"
     "I know," Patton smiles still, a light coating of pink on his cheeks because yeah, they know Virgil loves them, but he doesn't outright say it all the time like they do. "I love you too, Virge."
     Glad for the white foundation he always has on, he can't stop the smile that he sends to Patton. "I know... You... Uh... You wouldn't ever uh..."
     Patton's smile falls slight once they realizes what Virgil is trying to ask, gently taking his other hand into theirs and kissing the back of them  both. "I would never hurt you, physically or emotionally, Vivi. I promise, I love you so much."
    And well, Virgil can't help his smile widening at that, not when Patton is looking at him like that. The sincerity in their eyes along with love and fondness, and well, Virgil can't help how he leans forward and kisses Patton quickly. But surely, it was worth it to see the bright grin stretch across their face again and they peck him back, a small giggle bubbling up that Virgil just adores.
     And yeah, maybe he should learn to talk to Patton better if their talks end out like this.
~~~~~~~~~~
👌 i thought it was cute. Im listening to Set It Offs Midnight album on repeat and I graduated yesterday so im happy.