The Way Home ❁

*.☽.*

-

I saw the corner of his lips curving into a smile and right at that moment, I swore the butterflies in my stomach had turned into birds. Gosh, this man and his words.

I forced my brain to think coherently and come up with a decent reply.

"I-I told you, you should stop saying things like that."

"Because you might go crazy about me?"

"No," I said letting out a little laugh for it not to sound too serious. 

He immediately moved his head to his side, trying to look at me.

"If you tell me I'm more beautiful than that..." I paused and struggled to point at the view in front of us. "I'm afraid it might get jealous and make me ugly."

He moved his head sideways as he laughed.

"If that happens, I will never forgive you. Even though you're Byun Baekhyun." I added smiling.

It was a relief that he somehow found my remarks funny and because of that, I was also able to relax a little bit.

After a few seconds, I told him that my legs didn't hurt anymore. So, I asked him to put me down. He agreed, bending down a little so I could have my legs land on the ground.

"Thanks," I muttered and I got a smile from him in return before he focused his eyes on the view.

"Don't you find it hard?" I asked him wanting to ask him something that I have wondered about.

He looked back at me but didn't say anything. He was probably waiting for my next words.

"I mean, you have to go up here. And you have to make sure no one sees or recognizes you. I'm pretty sure you have to do it all the time, wherever you go. You know, paparazzi? Your fans too. How do you manage all of it?"

"Well..." He paused as he shoved both of his hands inside his pants' pockets. "I got used to all of it already. It's hard...yes, but I know I signed up for this. And the fans, well...it's all about them. I mean, if not for them, I wouldn't be who and what I am right now, right? And I like to make people happy."

"Now, I understand why my cousin and all your other fans love you very much."

"Believe me, I love them too." He answered smiling.

I smiled at how genuine he looked and sounded when he said that. It made me feel so soft.

"You deserve it," I told him. "You deserve all the love of your fans. You work hard. You're also very talented and I kind of think you have a good heart." I added smiling at him too.

"Stop, or you're going to make me cry!" He said as he lifted a hand to his eye and pretended like he was wiping his tears, his mouth pouting like a baby.

I burst out laughing. I laughed so hard I almost forgot who I was with. I momentarily glanced at him and saw that he was just staring at me with a smile fixed on his face.

***

Time passed and none of us seemed to notice it. The beautiful sunset that we witnessed turned into an afterglow and was eventually replaced by stars as the night fell. It was already about thirty minutes past six when we realized that we had to go back since it would be very hard to take the way down due to the absence of light.

We were trying hard to follow the trails since it had quickly become so dark. The only thing that provided light was the pale moon which also struggled to provide light due to the heavy layers of the forest trees.