Chapter 13: Catalaya's POV

8 Weeks Later

I've gotten fatter, but only because my munchkin is growing more and more. I've been hiding out in New York. I've quit my job and been living by myself in a decent sized apartment. My cousins have come to check on me every now and then. I've been sleeping a lot and working part time at a charter school as a teachers assistant until the school year is over. I've changed my number and sold my place in Louisiana. I've cut all ties from there in fear that Justin will find me. I can't have him in my life anymore I want to be drama free and I really don't need anymore lies and pain in my life.

Once the baby is born I'll setup a custody arrangement through a lawyer I know so he can still see his daughter. I hear a knock at the door and slowly get up off of the sofa. I pause the show I was half paying attention to on Netflix and waddle over to the door.

"It's about time you came over Tyler I was-" I open the door to see Justin standing there with anger written all over his face. It slowly softens though, as he takes me in fully. He has dark bags under his eyes and his beard is much fuller and thicker. His hair has grown out a little and definitely needs a cut. The smell of his cologne engulfs me and I gag a little.

"Who's Tyler?"

"It's none of your business who he is."

"Hmm nah baby girl I think it is my business."
I sigh and look at my belly trying to control the smile trying to form on my face. He knows I like it when he calls me that.

"Wh..um what are you doing here?"

"I came to take you back to Louisiana."

"Why? I left for a reason."

"Doesn't matter. Get ya stuff and let's go."

"No. You aren't the boss of me and last time I checked you didn't give a damn about me. I'm surprised you're even talking to me now considering you had a problem talking to me weeks ago. And when you did-"

"Listen, baby, we can talk about this shit later. You're being followed so I need you to get ya stuff and get out, now."

"Ha this is a ploy right?" I say hoping to God it was.

'Cause this man doesn't know anything about my past. He doesn't know that I escaped from being held hostage. That before him and Austin I had just began a new life.

Suddenly, Justin is barging in and heading straight towards my room.

"Justin stop. I'm fine, I don't need your help."

"Good 'cause I'm not here for you. I'm here for my baby girl."

"How do you know-"

"Don't worry bout that just pack ya shit and hurry the fuck up."

"I'm not packing anything."

"Fine then you can stay smellin nasty I don't give a fuck, but you betta pack them damn vitamins to keep my baby girl healthy."

"I'm not packing shit because I'm not fuckin goin no fuckin where with you! Now leave!"

"Don't start this shit with me Catalaya. I'm already pissed I had to leave to come find your fucking ass after you just up and disappeared as if you didn't have people who fucking care about yo ass at home." He says sternly, I see the hurt and pain in his eyes and my heart softens. Minutes pass before I decide to break the silence.

"That isn't my home Jay." I whisper looking down.

"Yes it is." I look up at him. He sighs and kisses my forehead. "Listen I know everything mama. I needed to know everything before I even got involved with you. I knew something like this would happen and I was tryna keep you safe by not tellin you too much and keeping the heat off of you. Fa that baby girl, I am sorry. We gotta go though." I sigh and nod.

"I'll pack some of ya clothes and medicine. We can pick the rest up later." I just nod and watch as he packs my things while I struggle to put on my sneakers. I start to cry as I still struggle to get my shoes on and Jay notices and sighs. Once he's finished he lotions my feet and then slides them into my vans slides and wipes my tears.

"It's gonna be alright Cat. I know these hormones got you fucked up but Imma need you to be strong baby ok?"

I nod and sniffle before wiping the remaining tears from my cheeks. Justin kisses my lips and cradles my head in his large hands and in that moment everything seems like it will be ok. He kisses my forehead and rubs my belly before kissing it and takes my hand in his.

"Let's go baby girl we ain't got that much time we gotta get the fuck outta here." I nod and get up and follow him. I lock the door and head to the elevator with Justin right behind me. I sigh and rub my stomach. I feel Justin's arm slowly slide around my waist and pull me closer to him. The elevator chimes and we walk in and stand next to each other silently. Once the elevator stops we get out and Justin grabs my hand and leads me to his SUV. After putting my bag in the trunk he helps me into the back seat and then walks over to the other side and gets in. He tells his driver to head out and then lays his head back and closes his eyes. I move closer to him and lay my head on his chest.

He kisses my head and I smile "I missed you".

"I missed you too baby girl. I'm glad I was able to find you before they could get to you."

"Are we gonna talk about them once we get back?"

"Yea baby, we can if that's what ya wanna do" He says, sleep laced in his voice. I kiss his cheek before returning back to laying on his chest. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him and then he begins to rub my belly. I feel our baby begin to kick where his hand is and he suddenly stops. I smile and a few tears fall realizing that the baby was missing her daddy. I look up at him and a few tears are rolling down his face as well. He surprises me and kisses me passionately, his tongue slides into my mouth and I moan a little. His other hand begins squeezing my ass and I get up and straddle his waist and deepen the kiss. I wish I could pull out his dick and fuck him right here, but that would be rude with the driver still in the car. Plus my baby is kinda in the way.

"I love you so much baby girl. Baby don't do this shit again." He says slapping and grabbing my ass. I kiss him some more before feeling my baby girl begin to kick. I take his hand and place it onto my stomach as we continue to kiss each other. We slowly stop and he picks me up sits me beside him.

I snuggle into him and bite my lip while staring at the bulge in his pants. "Aye, stop being nasty." I blush and roll my eyes.

"I was only looking."

"Mhmm. I know what you were thinkin, you can do that later when we safe aight?"
I nod and cuddle him. He picks up one of my legs and lays it on his own. "You, Sky and this baby girl, y'all are my world and I gotta protect y'all. I can't do that if you tryna runaway Cat."

I sigh "I know baby and I'm sorry. I was just so stressed out and scared. I thought you were gonna just forget about me and-"

"I know baby, I know, but that's why we gotta work on our communication skills. Both of us. I love you Cat and I don't wanna lose you. Aight? Ion want nobody else but you. You my life baby girl and I love you. We gotta talk about some serious shit when we get home."

"Home?" I question as I move over a little and place my feet in his lap. He begins to massage them and I close my eyes.

"Yea baby girl home. Where ya friends is at and where I moved to a safer neighborhood so our baby girl and Sky can be safe and have access to a betta school district."

I open my eyes and stare at him as he continues to rub my feet. I smile "you really do love me huh?"

He nods and I remove my feet from his lap and slide back to him. I cuddle into him and he slowly begins to rub my stomach while his eyes are closed and his head is laid back. Minutes go by as I lay my head on his chest. I open my mouth to say something but suddenly like a light being turned off, a truck slams into us. I feel Justin hold onto me before everything goes black.