Chapter 2

"Marinette, calm down already! You will be fine, and you'll get your dance with Adrien." Alya reassured her best friend. They were in Marinette's bedroom. Alya was sitting on the desk chair while Marinette laid in a state of despair on the bed. The annual Paris Ball was coming up, and everyone in Paris was invited. It was to be held in The Palace of Fontainebleau, a castle about an hours drive from Paris. The drive was long, but worth the trip. The ballroom was elegant and beautiful, and the courtyards and gardens even more so. The rest of the castle was off limits, but just seeing those were enough. You had to be in your second year of high school to go though, and this would be Marinette's first trip there.

"But he never comes, Alya! Something always happens. It's either his Dad, or he's grounded for no reason, or an akumatized villain captures him!" Marinette whined.

Alya stood up. "Girl, you need to stop riding the bus of misery and hop on the party train! This will be our very first trip there, and for free! We could be queens for one night, Marinette! Queens!"

Marinette just shook her head. "But queens always have kings, Alya."

Alya rested her hand on Marinette's shoulder. "Look girl, sometimes queens need a break from their kings."

"But this girl doesn't have a king to take a break from!"

"Adrien will be there, and if he isn't, he isn't! There are other boys out there. What about Luka? You two were sharing a look."

Marinette's cheeks burned. "We were not! Okay, enough of this! I'll go to the party, Adrien or not."

Alya pumped her fist into the air. "That's the spirit! Now, first order of business, dress shopping. We could meet at the park tomorrow after school, then head over to the dress shop together."

Marinette hopped off the bed. "Yeah, sounds good. See you then." They hugged, then Marinette walked Alya out. After, she trudged up to her bedroom and flopped back onto the bed. Tikki flew out of her hiding spot and hovered near Marinette.

"So you finally decided to go to the party?"

"Yes, Tikki. I just really hope Adrien will be there! Otherwise it's not much of a party." She rolled onto her back.

"Adrien's not what this party is about, Marinette. The annual Paris Ball is about spending time with your friends and just having fun."

"You're right Tikki, I should think more about Alya and the girls rather than obsessing over some boy." Marinette got off the bed and sat in front of the desk. "Now lets see whats on tv." She flipped through the channels until an interesting one popped up. Nadja Chamack was with the Mayor; they were talking about the Paris Ball.

"Mayor Bourgeois, what was the last minute invite you wanted to announce?" Nadja gave the mic to the Mayor.

"Well, on behalf of Paris, I just wanted to thank Ladybug and Cat Noir for being our heroes. They save us everyday. As a thank you, I want to extend a personal invitation to our beloved heroes. I hope to see them at the ball." He handed the mic back to Nadja.

"You heard it folks. Ladybug and Cat Noir are invited to the ball. The question is, will we finally get to meet Paris's heroes? This is Nadja Chamack..." Marinette clicked of the tv.

"Looks like you and Cat Noir are wanted at the party too." Tikki noted.

"Yeah, and it would be fun to go as Ladybug, but all my friends are counting on me to be there. I suppose Ladybug will have to go to a party some other time."

"I'm proud of you, Marinette. Loyal friends are the best."

Marinette smiled and turned off the lights. "Goodnight, Tikki."

"G'night, Marinette."