02;

I exit my English class, just having to turn one corner to get to my locker. I reach it. C-45. I twist the lock in the combination I've already memorized. "32-05-19," I mumbled, going to each number then pulling down the lock. It unlatches and I mentally thank the lord. I grab my earbuds and mutter an, "Okay," then go for my phone, saying, "Okay," after grabbing each thing. "Earbuds, jacket, umbrella, phone- got it," I whisper. "You sure do talk to yourself a lot," A voice sounds beside me. I jump, letting out a startled yelp. "Thank you for noticing, Micheal," I say composing myself. He stands by me as I slip on my hoodie once again, waits next to me as I check my phone and walks beside me after I lock my locker. "We're really friends now, eh?" I ask.

He nods, a slight smile on his face. "Yup," 

"But we basically know nothing about each other."

"Yup,"

"So tell me stuff."

We step out into the pouring rain and I pull out my umbrella. He leans in closer to me to where our arms touch. I feel a shiver down my spine, and Micheal moves back out, but I grab his forearm and pull him closer to me. I see a slight smile flicker on his lips for a moment, then he clears his throat and turns to me. "Well, what do you want to know?" He asks, his eyes locking into mine. We stop at the edge before the road. His lips flicker slightly to my lips then back to my eyes. For a second I think he's going to kiss me, and I almost allow it, but instead, I croak out, "I dunno, what do you do in your free time, Micheal? What's your family like? What food do you like? What Youtubers do you watch at 4 am when you're sleep deprived and craving Cheetos? Who'd you get your eyes from?" After I finish, he pops a smile and turns back to the road and starts walking. "Okay, I guess, I'll just start. One, I have a Youtube channel. Nothing big, really... Just about, a few hundred thousand," He starts. My jaw drops, "That's- what's not small," I gawk. He shrugs, "I said it wasn't big. Not that it was small," 

I nudge his arm, "Okay, Okay, Whatever. Continue,"

He smiles even wider, "They're all great. My mom's lovely. Dad's great. Aunts- Uncles, Grandpas, etc. Uh, I like bad Instagram food," He seems to laugh at his own joke, "And just the usual people I do when I'm sleep deprived the rest of the day. And, Uh, My mum." We seem to have stopped again, we're facing each other again. The water is pouring around us. "Billie?" He asks. 

My breath seems to hitch in my throat and I dont blink, "Yes, Micheal?"

"Is it weird that I feel like I've known you forever, but I like met you... today?"

I shake my head, "No, Micheal, I dont think its weird." He gives a weak nod, not breaking his gaze. A car horn honks. "MICHEAL!" A man calls, hanging out of the window. Micheal jumps, spinning around. "O-oh," He rubs the back of his neck, "Hey, dad." Micheals dad smiles, "I was wondering why you weren't here... I just figured you left to dick off with your mates." 

Micheal shakes his head. "And, who is this?" His dad asks, smiling at me. "I'm Billie. I'm new," Micheal's dad raises an eyebrow, "Oh? Where'd you move from?"

"I didn't. My parents kinda passed, and- the Online school didn't work- So now I'm here." I smile at him, hoping he didn't catch on to my parents passing story. He frowns, "I'm sorry, Kiddo. Here, You and Mike hop in, I'll take you home." I shrug, following Mikey to the car. He opens the door for me, and when I'm all the way in, he closes it then gets in on the other side. 

"Legal gradian home?" Micheal's dad asks. 

I shake my head, "No."

"Our house it is. You and Mike can watch movies in the living room and do what teens do until your gardian gets home."

I shrug, "Okay."

What did I get myself into?