4;

Micheal and I walk down the sidewalk not talking. Our hands brush against one another's every once and a while, each time my breath hitching in my throat. I pull out my phone, "Music?" I ask. He shrugs, "Sure," I take out my earbuds and plug them in, handing one to him. I press shuffle, hoping for a song he won't judge me on. "Broken" By; Lovelytheband plays. My favorite. 

 I like that you're broken
Broken like me

Our hands touch again and we both stop. I dont turn to look at him, but I can feel him looking at me.

Maybe that makes me a fool
I like that you're lonely
Lonely like me

I take a deep breath and open up my hand, stretching my fingers.

I could be lonely with you

I interlace our fingers and I hear him take a deep breath. 

I met you late night, at a party
Some trust fund baby's Brooklyn loft
By the bathroom, you said let's talk
But my confidence is wearing off

I turn to him, hoping he's not looking at me like I'm some cockroach in the corner of his room. He's smiling at me. "Hi," I whisper softly. 

"Hey," He whispers back.

These aren't my people
These aren't my friends

I turn back to the sidewalk and we start walking again, although I feel his eyes on me. I stop again. "What?" He asks. 

She grabbed my face and
That's when she said

I turn to him, cupping his face in my hands, studying it. "Your facial hair is really fucking patchy," I say, lifting up his head a bit. "But, you're still really cute." A smile cracks onto his lips. "Thank you," 

"Mm, you're welcome, Mikey."

I like that you're broken
Broken like me
Maybe that makes me a fool

We start walking again, and this time I can tell he's not looking at me. I look at him and I see nothing but pure cuteness. He has a slight smile on his face and he's staring intently ahead like he's deep in thought. It's really cute. 

There's something tragic, but almost pure
Think I could love you, but I'm not sure

That line means a lot at this moment. I think I could love you... but I'm not sure. It's too accurate for this situation, so much it makes me nervous. 

There's something wholesome, there's something sweet
Tucked in your eyes that I'd love to meet

He turns his head to face me and smiles wider. "What?" He asks. I lose myself in his sparkly eyes for a moment. "Nothing," I say softly, turning to face ahead so he doesn't see me blushing. "Are you blushing?" He asks, nudging me. I shake my head hard, "No- I'm just getting- I'm getting sunburnt, that's all." He rolls his eyes, laughing. "Suuunburntt, SUUUUREEE." I cant help but giggle. 

These aren't my people
These aren't my friends
She grabbed my face and
That's when she said

I like that you're broken
Broken like me
Maybe that makes me a fool
I like that you're lonely
Lonely like me
I could be lonely with you

We reach my house, stopping at the driveway to look up at it. 

Life is not a love song that we like
We're all broken pieces floating by
Life is not a love song we can try
To fix our broken pieces one at a time

"This it?" He asks. I nod, "Yeah..." I look down. I dont want him to go. Not yet at least.

I like that you're broken
Broken like me

I feel his hand underneath my chin, trying to lift it to face him.

Maybe that makes me a fool
I like that you're lonely

I let him, and I'm met with his soft eyes staring longingly into mine.

Lonely like me
I could be lonely with you

"Billie?"

I like that you're broken
Broken like me

"Yes, Micheal?"

Maybe that makes me a fool

"Can I kiss you again? Would that be okay?"

I like that you're lonely

"Yes, Micheal."

Lonely like me

His lips smash into mine and I quickly kiss him back. The world melting away around us. I find my hands in his hair again and his are placed on my waist. Nothing else matters at this moment. Nothing but me and him. 

I could be lonely with you