Prologue

The children all sat in a group, listening to the stories of war with the Frost Giants, told by Volstagg's father. All the children payed close attention to each detail being told, learning to hate the Frost Giants with all their hearts.

"The king and I stood together back to back, protecting each other from the Frost Giants' blows. Just when one of them came to hit my king, I jumped on top of him, pinned the giant down, and gave him a good prick on the back, showing the other Frost Giants what happens when they mess with the warriors of Asgard."

There was one among the children that wasn't as amused to hear about the fall of the Frost Giants as the other children. The thought of killing another being frightened the child. The youngest prince of Asgard hid behind his older brother, ashamed that he could not be as brave as the others.

"Did the Frost Giants surrender?" Asked a child named Fandral.

"Did they surrender?" Said the warrior. "Well, we barely gave them a chance to do so. We destroyed their land, took away their casket, and took away their power. No one, not even Laufey, will be able to defeat us, for we are the strongest of all the realms. Those monsters will never dare to mess with us again."

All the children cheered with victory and pride.

"Those monsters will never trespass here. We are fierce warriors!" Yelled out the child Volstagg.

The Watcher stood at the door, listening to the story and watching the child listen with open ears. Yes, the Frost Giants made the mistake of making war with Odin. Yes, Asgard had every right to win the war and take the casket, but there was something that bothered the Watcher. He knew the truth. He knew that the Asgardians did more than just take their casket and their power. They took something more, something that would bring out the king's worst fear in the future. Heimdall feared how it would affect Asgard in the future. This is a mistake, he thought to himself. He walked back to the Bifrost, resuming his job as the Watcher of the realms.

---------------------------------------------------------
The youngest prince of Asgard sat on the floor of the library, focusing his eyes on the wars of Asgard, especially with the people of Jotunheim. He knew that the Asgardians had to hate the Frost Giants, but he couldn't help but think that maybe there's more to the Giants' cold hearts than meets the eye.

However, the histories of Jotunheim said otherwise. Before it was under Odin's watch and care, Laufey and his people conquered, tortured, and stole from the other realms nonstop, never being satisfied with what they have gained unrighteously.

Maybe they are monsters, thought the young prince. However, he was in conflict with the situation. His mother has always told him to see the good in people, no matter how deep it is inside, but reading about their wars and their greedy desires made it difficult for him. Maybe they were right and his mother was wrong this time. They have cold hearts from the day they're born to the day they're dead. Nothing can change it. Nothing can melt them. They had no love.

The young prince has made his decision. The Frost Giants are monsters and they will forever be. A wise king never seeks out war, but must always be ready for it. What kind of just king seeks out war, especially with the strongest of the realms? Only monsters seek out war for their own personal gain. But still, a speck of doubt still floated around the young prince's mind.

The library doors opened, interrupting the young prince's thoughts.

"Brother, stop reading for once and come and play. Volstagg's father is teaching us to fight and slay like true warriors."

"And what's wrong with having knowledge?" Asked the young prince, not looking up from his book.

"Come on, Loki, it's a bore. A war inside one's mind is nothing compared to the real thing. That's why we have to be warriors too, just like Father."

The young prince sighed with a smile on his face and looked up at his brother. "Fair enough, Thor." He closed the book and put it back on the shelf. He took one last look at the book and then followed his older brother out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------
After looking at the library, Heimdall returned his gaze back to the nine realms. By the look on the young prince's face, the Watcher knew that he had doubts about the Frost Giants. He thought them differently than what the other children thought. He had every right to, though. The Watcher, too, believed good in the hearts of every person. The Watcher knew that there was more to the Frost Giants than meets the eye, for he has seen it.

"My king, tell the truth," he said to himself, "before it is too late."

I hope that y'all liked the story. The first chapter is coming really soon so be on the look out if you want to continue reading. God bless you :).