History of Jotunheim

While Laufey stayed behind, Thor and Loki returned to Asgard through the portal in case Odin knew what they were up to. Thor went to the Warriors Three and Lady Sif to see if he could convince them to join. Loki went to Heimdall to discuss something with him. He knew that there was something that the Watcher wasn't telling him, or Heimdall was waiting for him to find out. Heimdall is the kind of person that teaches you life lessons.

Loki ran the long rainbow bridge and got to the Bifrost. However, he hid behind the golden globe when he saw someone with Heimdall. If people kept showing up, it would ruin everything. And what better person to ruin it all than the Allfather himself. Loki let out a frustrated breath. Why now! He hoped that Thor was having better luck.

"Open the Bifrost to no one," Odin said. "Watch the entire realm, especially any other portals that may be around. If anyone enters rather than an Asgardian, confront them."

"And what about Loki, my king?"

"As of right now he is an enemy of ours. He has stolen the Casket and given it to the Frost Giants. Now they may be almost impossible to stop. And now with Loki learning their every move..." Odin seemed to trail off toward his own thoughts.

"I will do as you have said," Heimdall told him after a long moment of silence.

"Good. Keep a watchful eye on Jotunheim."

Odin was about to leave until Heimdall asked him one more thing. "And if Loki were to arrive in Asgard, what would you have me do with him?"

Loki squeezed his eyes shut as if that would shut Odin's mouth. Heimdall saw Loki, he just knew it.

"If he comes here, lock him up. He is an enemy now." With that, Odin walked out of the Bifrost without saying another word.

In a panic, Loki made an illusion to hide himself while Odin walked by. Thankfully he didn't see. With Odin's back to the Bifrost, Loki quickly went inside before anything were to happen. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Heimdall faced the stars, most likely looking upon Jotunheim. "I should be locking you up now, my prince."

"But you won't. If I were an enemy toward you, you would not be calling me prince." Loki smiled. The thing that he could be most dependant on with Heimdall is secretly disobeying authority. Heimdall may be loyal, but when it came to disobeying Odin for the right reason, he wouldn't hesitate, like he did by allowing the Asgardians into Jotunheim and letting Loki escape with the Casket. The Watcher could break many laws and never get locked up for any of it. Why? Because they need him. No one else could see the way Heimdall sees.

"What do you need me to do?" Heimdall asked.

"I didn't even tell you that I needed you yet."

"Don't think I haven't heard your conversation."

"And already you're all for it?"

"I am."

"Why?" Loki asked, walking toward Heimdall to sit on one of the steps.

Heimdall took a moment to gather his thoughts. Then he stepped down to sit next to the prince. "I've been Watcher of the Nine Realms for a long time and I've seen more than any other being on this realm or any other. Yes, Jotunheim has its moments of mischief and war, but they're not what you've been led to believe. I believe it is time someone told you the truth."

"Alright."

"Jotunheim was discovered in Asgard's darkest time. The realm was prospering and they had everything they needed until they were taken over." Heimdall made sure not to reveal too much of the truth or else there will be more war than he intended.