Balloon Attack

"Did you really just buy balloons with elephant noses?"

Shuri broke down laughing when Peter stared at the pink balloon with a large elephant nose attached with a very exasperated look. "Why are you like this?" He turned to look at Shuri, and he started laughing too.

"It's more fun this way." She shrugged, still grinning wide. Peter chuckled and nodded with an equally happy expression. "True, true. Well, we better get to balloon blowing."

After what seemed like a day, and might as well have been considering it took 3 hours, they had enough balloons for multiple garbage bags full. "I think I'm going to pass out from oxygen loss." Peter groaned, dragging his garbage bags across the linoleum floors. Shuri was pretty much doing the same thing, and she looked exhausted. "It...will be worth it when we see Bruce's face, right?" Shuri looked at Peter but he didn't really respond, just groaned again. They moved to open the door to the lab, but it was locked. Shuri took out a very strange lockpick and picked the lock in under 10 seconds. "Wow." Peter quoted a vine and they both laughed, and then started opening the garbage bags and dumping balloons out.

"This is actually way more fun than I thought. It's like a ball pit, but a...balloon pit." Peter said, hitting one of the balloons while it was in the air for a moment. Shuri hit it again to keep it from hitting the floor once, but then went back to unloading the balloons. "It really is fun. Look at them, free spirits now. We created them and now they are independent balloons." Shuri picked up a tissue like she was a proud mom crying on her kid's first day of school. "I'm so proud of them" Peter said as he emptied another bag. The balloon piles were starting to get higher than the workbenches and tables, and Shuri and Peter were slowly running out of room to stand.

-- 20 minutes later because I'm lazy--

Shuri and Peter hid in the back of the lab behind piles of balloons as they waited for Bruce to come home from going to some café with Natasha. He should be home any minute, according to Shuri's advanced watch. Suddenly, Peter heard, with his enhanced senses, an elevator open and then close. Footsteps started moving closer to their room, and Peter nudged Shuri to silence her just in case she spoke. They kept their mouths shut, and listened intently for his reaction. Peter heard the jingling of keys, and then he heard a lock, before the door swung open halfway, only to be stopped by balloons. "WHAT IS THIS?!?"

Shuri clamped her hand over Peter's mouth when he choked on a snort, and clenched her jaw. "IT HAS A NOSE TOO! THOR! NATASHA! TONYYY!" Bruce called, as he picked up a pink balloon. Booming footsteps ran down the hall, and Peter could tell it had to be Thor. Shuri practically had tears running down her face from trying not to laugh so hard. "What is it, Banner?" Thor asked, putting his hand on Bruce's shoulder for a moment or two, before he saw the lab. Peter practically died from fanboyness at the sound of Thor's voice, but he didn't because Shuri held him up, chuckling softly.

Thor roared out a laugh, clutching his stomach as he leaned backward. He was laughing too hard to stand, so he sat on the ground. "Did you do this, then?" Bruce glared at Thor, and gestured wildly to the lab. "No, it is just too hilarious. I estimate it must have been Spiderboy and Shuri." Thor stood up but he was still laughing pretty loud. "We have been discovered." Shuri whispered into Peter's ear. Bruce growled, face-palming. "SHURI, PETER, COME HERE AND CLEAN THIS UP."

Shuri and Peter would never disobey the great Bruce Banner, so of course...it was only fitting they took out needles and burst out of their hiding places and started popping balloons as fast as possible. And if Bruce shrieked like a little girl, no one but the three of them needed to know it.

Word Count- 687