Forgotten World: Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Akia

"There has been a disturbance in the Inbetween, my Queen," the main guard said to my mother. He was sweaty and dirty as if he had been searching for something that was already dead to our world.

"What it is," my mother, Queen Saffron asked. "Is it human?"

"More like a human spirit, your Highness," he stuttered under her demanding voice and beaming power.

Queen Saffron was a demigod created by the power and flesh of Athena herself. She had her long mohagony brownish red hair and big brown eyes full of wisdom and grace. She was a tall woman standing only inches below my father. Her beautiful cream complexion made her truly younger than what our world was truly to be. But time never touched us so age never mattered.

"What shall we do, my Queen?"

She gazed warmly upon the young fledgling and said, "Bring him to us alive. We will see about him and his intentions."

I rolled my eyes and stood. "Mother, may I take to my room?"

"Is something the matter, Princess Akia," she asked concern spilling across her warm features and I slightly inclined my head to her.

"Nothing. I would like to see to my nymph," I smiled and she nodded her head.

"As you wish, daughter but do come back before your practice." She touched my hand as I stood. "You father will be looking for you and I want you to be here when the human arrives."

"Mother-"

"Darling," she said kissing my hand. "He might be what we were looking for."

"Such things do not exist," I snatch my hand away and raised my voice. "This is but a false fairytale made up of human stories and-"

"We are the reason fairytales exist, Akia. We are the true fairytale."

"That has yet to have a happily ever after? I'm sorry, Mother, but I will not partake in anymore of your inquisitive plans to find the love of my life. I will be in my room with companions."

She looked over me with sadness and curiosity. "Very well then. You may take your leave."

"Thank you," I bowed my head and walked out of the hall.

The castle was what every fairytale and nightmare explained; higher than the skies and bigger than the land itself. Beautiful gold an gray bricks framed the outside walls keeping out the dark things and keeping in the light. Gold and black bricks made up the exterior of my home and most of the beautiful kingdom. Our halls were painted with pure white sheets and coverings, gold and silver thrones and red walls for the gathering halls. Pictures of Zeus, Poseidon and the rest of the first Gods filled the hallways and of their Creator Kronos. It seemed pretty weird to have these truly unknown beings littering our walls when they turned their backs to us.

My room was not in a tower as any other fairytale would presume. Another aspect of our lives they get incorrect. My room is in the middle of the castle. It was fashioned with a small pond and river to keep my pets and friends. My bed to up an entire wall and was covered in beautiful pale yellow sheets and blankets to match out beautiful light that looked over our city. It was draped with a light blue sheer canopy and gold and silver trimmings. My walls were etched with exquisite carvings of our old greek language and ancient and modern magic. It was for my safety as Father would say.

I shut my tall oak and maplewood double doors and leaned my back on them. "To get away from this world

would be the greatest adventure," I whispered to no one in particular.