School Reflection: Our Plastic Oceans.

The article 'Our Plastic Oceans', it stated that plastic is broken down by Ultraviolet light into micro pieces. Firstly, how would that work, exactly? Does the plastic melt by the sun and the water just slushes it around until it mixes together like a smoothie, or does it start cracking into smaller pieces until it is no longer visible to the naked eye? I cannot stand it when they don't explain thoroughly.

Another statement written by the Article is that by the time we reach 2050, we will have more weight in plastic than fish. Which, makes perfect sense since humans and animals eat fish than plastic due to the fact fish are considered edible. Many islands use fish as a main meat/food source. Over 20% of the world's population eat fish.

The article next states that it is a nightmare to dispose of, but just because it is a nightmare doesn't mean it is impossible. Just like chores or school. It is made mandatory, but we can't procrastinate for long or we will had dire consequences. Along with that it also says that China has the greatest responsibility. And in immediate thought, it does. China manufactures many products and has the most people living their.

In order to clean up our mess, the article suggested we have around 1,000 boats running 24/7, it will clear the water completely in 79 years. But, what if we double that number. So instead of 1,000 boats, it's 2,000 boats. It would take 39 years instead of 79 years. Think of the possibilities, if we get enough boats the water will be clean in no time!