9 - Hunting

Exciting chapters coming up soon. You should prepare yourself! There's still a heap of things coming to this book and I can't wait for you all to read it!!!

_______________________________

That night, there was a bonfire. It was someone's idea to start one and let whoever wanted to come join in on the fun of roasting marshmallows and making s'mores. There was music playing somewhere in the distance. An old Katy Perry song was playing and I could hear people humming along to the tune.

I was sat on log, waiting for Ezra and the others to return with the things needed to make s'mores. They were taking ages and my belly was beginning to rumble.

The night was chilly. The air was bitter and my toes were cold. But the fire helped with that. It kept away the unwanted bugs and brought warmth to the area. I watched the fire and focused on it dance.

I grew more and more tired as I watched it. I knew that I wouldn't be staying awake much longer. It's been a long day.

"You missing home yet?" A voice asked me as a figure sat down beside me on the thick log. I looked over and realised it was a girl named Gale from my pack. I smiled at her and she returned the gesture.

"I guess... it's so much more carefree here. Not as tense," I told her honestly. I didn't miss home as such, I missed my brothers. They were the only reason that I wanted to return back to Terialta. My brothers were the most important things to me and I hated being away from them.

They hated it too. All of them hated being away from me and ever since the phone call the night before, they'd be linking me a lot more throughout the day. It was good to talk to them while I was away.

"Yeah, but obviously it's because their Luna wasn't slaughtered, right?" Gale questioned me. I shrugged at her and then sighed and nodded. She was right and I didn't like it.

"I haven't met their Luna yet. Have you?" I asked her, changing the subject. Gale smiled at me and then nodded.

"Yeah, I met her yesterday. She was wonderful, very welcoming and kind. I liked her," Gale told me. I nodded at her and tucked my hair behind my ears as I sipped on my beer.

We sat in silence for a little longer before I sighed and turned to her. "How many people do you think will stay here with Takiani and decide not to return to Terialta?"

Gale's eyes widened at me. She looked shocked that I had asked her such a question. But then she shrugged at me and looked past me.

"I think Tyler wants to stay," Gale told me. I looked in the same direction she was and saw Tyler with a group of guys. He was laughing and looked happy.

I felt happy for him. My wolf was satisfied to see him smiling and laughing. He rarely looked so happy back home. No one did.

"Good for him," I said honestly, looking back to Gale. She shrugged at me and then sighed and stood.

"I think I'm going to hit the hay. See you around," she said before leaving. I watched her walk away before I was rejoined by the others. Brayleigh plopped down next to me and shoved a marshmallow onto the end of a thin stick.

Ezra and Lila sat on the log next to mine and do the same. Lila handed me a stick and then tossed the bag of marshmallows on the ground in front of us.

"Those pigs ate all the s'mores. So we took to whole bag of marshmallows," Ezra muttered bitterly. I laughed at this and stuck my marshmallow on the end of my stick before reaching out and putting it in the fire.

We roasted marshmallows in silence. It was peaceful and calm until I felt my brother push his way into my head.

"What you up to right now?" Samaya asked me. I yawned, picking at my roasted marshmallow.