02 | ZACH MILLER [pt 1]

YOUR P

YOUR P.O.V

I was riding my bike on the way to my best friends house. Gave and Zach miller were the two best friends I could ask for, I only lived a street away from the two boys from hell.

In the distance, I could see Gabe standing on his skateboard a little far from this house, "What're you doing?" I giggled.

"I'm about to skate in, can you give me a push?" I smiled at the crazy hell raiser and pushed him.

"Incoming!" Gabe yells. Right on cue, his mother opens the door.

"Hello Ms. Miller" I smiled, "Hello child I wish was mine." She closed the door behind me. Zach was standing in the corner 'writing a song'. He was so cute sometimes.

"Hey mom this place is a pit! What are you doing playing basketball?" Gabe jokes, regaining his balance from jumping off the skateboard.

I helped Ms. Miller clean some of the stuff Gabe and Zach has left around, everything from video games to chip bags.

"Zach, Zach!" Ms. Miller, whose full name was Patricia, turned off Zach's guitar.

Zach looked down at his guitar, "Please mom I'm writing a song! What's a word that rhymes with chainsaw?"

"Another ballad?" Patricia handed the cord back to Zach. I ruffled his brown hair, "Your songwriting concerns me." I patted his shoulder and sat next to Gabe.

"I saw this cool '76 bronco for sale." Gabe turned to his brother, "Cool"

"Hey mom can I borrow thirty-five hundred bucks?"

"I'll sell a kidney, better yet, I'll sell a kid." Gabe and Zach exchanged looks and dismissed the comment.

"Where are my keys I'm going to the store." Patricia looked around for her missing keys and me being a good person, I helped her.

"Get some ice cream." Gabe demanded, not taking his eyes off the game. "Get some ice cream, why?"

"Get some ice cream when you go to the store."

"Aren't you forgetting the 'P' word?" Patricia looked at her son, testing him.

"Oh yeah, pronto." Gabe laughed and I smacked him in the back of the head.

"But wasn't there a half gal-"

"It's gone." Zach sung, "It's really really gone."

"Rocky road to us is like a boyfriend is to you, it's good while it lasts but don't expect it to be around more than a day." Gabe laughed.

"Well I was romantic three times in my life and look where it got me." Patricia left and headed to the kitchen.

I let out a laugh and continued to clean up the mess, Zach finally decided to help. He carried some of the games on his head, it was cute. He set the games in a corner of his room and pushed up his glasses.

"I have to go now but I came here to ask if we could work on the English project tomorrow?" I ask, looking at my watch.

"Sure, before dinner?"

"I'll be there!" I gave him a hug and went downstairs, "Gabe, do what your mother says or I'll skin you." I pointed at him and headed home.

—🍁—

It was about 4:30 when I headed to the Millers house. I was dressed in a cute casual way because I was hoping to tell Zach I liked him.

"Hey Y/N!" Zach answered the door.

"Hey Zach!" I smiled as he moved to let me in. "Jake is having a babe over." Gabe screamed from the other room. Knowing these two, it was a situation destined to be destroyed.

"I just wanna get the project over with." I groaned. Zach and I sat on the couch, we were doing character studies for the book we were reading as a class, it was called "The Outsiders" and we had the character Johnny Cade.

I knew this was gonna be awhile.