News

Franklin Mendez's POV

Mendez: "So I see, well I'll contact him when he gets back."

Winston: "I'll be in touch if you need me."

The call ends and I rub my chin.

"Hmm, another one of my Spartans is being recognized and it's not John." I say to myself.

I sit and lean back on my chair with my eyes shut.

"When you get back here (Y/N). I have some news for you." I say to myself.
_________________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV

It's currently 10 pm and (Colour) Team was deployed on a quick mission to destroy a small Talon base. We are currently on a cliff overlooking our target in the distance. Daniel is prome with his binoculars scouting the area on the edge of the cliff while me and Jamie are siting around a fire far back.

I look at Jaime and she's carving something on a stick with her knife while I'm leaning on a rock. I turn to Daniel.

(Y/N): "Daniel, How many do we got?"

Daniel: "Standard patrol."

When Daniel finished speaking his pet hawk flew in and perch on his shoulders.

(Y/N): "How many do we have now?"

Daniel: "Still standard patrol but a heavily guarded front entrance."

(Y/N): "Then we'll just go through the back."

Jamie: "Quite handy having that bird of yours."

Daniel get on his knees and takes some raw meat pieces and feeds his hawk.

Reason why Daniel has a pet hawk is because it's better to send in a hawk to recon the area then send in a drome that can be caught on radar which can lead to some problems. We wouldn't have a hawk if Daniel didn't know how to communicate with it.

He knows how to because as a kid his parents were bird scientist studying about birds and stuff so he spent most of his life around birds. He then learned to communicate with birds with whistle.

(Y/N): "Was there any signs of Reaper or Doomfist?"

Daniel: "No signs of them."

(Y/N): "That just made this mission less exciting."

Jamie: "You just wanted to kick their asses didn't you?"

(Y/N) *Smirk* "Maybe. Repear quite skilled and also smart, makes him predictable.

Daniel walks toward us and sits down by the fire with his pet hawk perched on his shoulders.

Daniel: "Doomfist though, he's one tough guy but slow, makes him fun."

He pulls out his Magnum and puts on a suppressor.

Daniel: "Like picking on a fat 12 year old kid who would fight back but is too slow to even land a punch."

I look up at him.

(Y/N): "You were the bully as a kid weren't you?"

Daniel: "Me?" He points his Magnum at himself.

Daniel: "No, I was the 12 year old."

(Y/N): "Think that teaches some sympathy."

Daniel: "Teaches some sympathy? If getting your ass bruised teaches you anything, is that it's better to be the bully than the one getting beaten." He points his Magnum at me.

(Y/N): "You are one enlightened individual, you know that." I get up and giving him an extra Magnum clip and walked towards the edge of the cliff.

Daniel: "Tend to think that I turned out okay."