Chapter 26

Everyone arrived back to Hogwarts with one free day before classes. All of them sat in the great hall eating lunch as they planned how to spend the rest of their day.

"We could always go outside and play in the snow." Noelle suggested. Isabelle laughed as she shook her head. Snow was cold, wet and got everywhere.

"No. I hate snow." Isabelle replied as she took a drink of pumpkin juice out of her goblet.

"I have to agree. It's cold and not fun to stand out in." Remus added. Noelle groaned as she pushed the last of food around on her plate.

"We could always go back to the common room and play truth or dare or something." Peter suggested. Everyone let out a long sigh. They all wanted to go out and do something, but the snow just didn't seem like fun for Remus or Isabelle. That was until competition was involved.

"It's not like they could beat us in a snowball fight anyway." Sirius whispered rather loudly to Noelle. Isabelle perked up and raised her eyebrow.

"I'm sorry? But Remus and I would destroy you." Isabelle smirked as she laced her hand with Remus'.

"Isabelle you don't have to lie. It's okay to admit defeat." Noelle said. Isabelle rolled her eyes. Noelle and Sirius were totally going to get defeated.

"I think they want a competition." Remus said with a smile. Isabelle nodded in agreement. "To bad they don't what they are getting themselves into." Remus commented. The four of them looked at each with mischievous smiles. No matter how cold it was outside Isabelle and Remus could never turn down a challenge.

"What about us?" Peter asked as him and James sat there. James happened to be looking a little past Isabelle to Lily who was sitting a couple seats over.

"You can help us Peter." Isabelle smiled as Noelle scoffed in disagreement.

"That isn't fair! Three against two!" Noelle retorted.

"Peter can choose whichever side he wants! He would rather be with Remus and I!" Isabelle said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Then we get James." Sirius said. Remus laughed and leaned over whispering something into Isabelle's ear. Isabelle smirked making Sirius and Noelle exchange confused looks.

"Lily-"Isabelle started.

"No! That's cheating!" Sirius and Noelle exclaimed. Lily looked over to the group with an amused look.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Be my partner to kick these people's asses in a snowball fight." James said leaning over Remus to talk to her. Lily pondered it for a second but seeing James' goofy grin, she couldn't refuse.

"Sure. As long as you don't make us lose Potter." Lily said with a smile. Isabelle had never seen James smile so big. James sat back in his spot with flushed cheeks and a smile. Now it was Noelle and Sirius vs Isabelle and Remus vs James and Lily.

"I choose James and Lily." Peter commented. Oh, and Peter. Noelle and Isabelle argued back and forth because of Peter's choice. The snowball fight was going to be the first high stakes snowball fight at Hogwarts.

After lunch everyone raced back to the common room to get ready. The whole time Noelle, Lily and Isabelle talked about how they were going to win. Isabelle wore her favorite sweatshirt with her jacket and a pair of warm gloves. The three of them went and met the boys outside.

"Isabelle can't even aim! You think she's going to hit me?" Sirius laughed. Isabelle heard Noelle snicker next to her. Isabelle leaned down picking up snow and rolling it into a ball before throwing it. Isabelle laughed as she watched it hit Sirius who turned around alarmed.