-

After a fight against a foe that was all too familiar to the digital friend that sat beside me looking down ashamed of itself. I wanted to comfort them like I would when they were a rookie dracmon, but my human friend started to stir. Only moments ago Yu was yelling at me how I've been unfair to him. That I left him alone when he needed me the most. His um.... Excessive amount of emotions he felt towards me. His eye lids flutter open no longer in influence to the digimon that's been plaguing him for who knows how long. He groggily realized where he was and instantly shot up away from my arms. He crumpled up against his legs distressed but I can't say I blamed him.

All I could tell was that he was embarrassed by the things his influencer made him say but his face was unreadably red leaving me with nothing to go on. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean for any if thi-is to happen I swear. Everything I did as 'k' ... none of it was my power. I'm weak and It's unforgivable that I stole your avatar-" I cut him off

"Yu, it's alright. That's over and we can just forget about it. You're safe now." I didn't even want to know what he did with my avatar, the digimon didn't make it sound very, I dunno, clean? But I've known Yu sense kindergarten, I'll let bygones be bygones.

"Everything k said is true, at some point I just did everything he told me. It was my fault i could have shook it off but I liked how it felt. And you... Forgive me?" I gave him a curt nod and a cheesy grin. At that he grabbed his black and red hood and pulled it over his face and started shaking.

"That's exactly what made it so hard for me..." his lilac hair swung with his movement as he grabbed my shirt by the collar my digivice getting in the way and hitting me in the chin. His expression was one I'd never seen on him and he started shouting again. "Say it! Tell me you hate me! Tell me you never want to see me again! I'm sick of you and I'm sick of how perfect you always are!"

He pushed against my chest still holding my shirt. His tone dropped as he said "do you know how low it makes me feel every time you show pity on me like that? Do you know? ..." he looked down again letting go of me "I can never be strong. I can never match up to anyone." I knew how that felt. I've always been the side character of my own story until I met my friends at hudie, until I saved that gatsumon from being deleted, and finally felt like they needed me. That I was important. Even if it was to a small number of friends. Yu buries his face in his hands and lets out quietly "No one will ever pick me." like an afterthought something that just happened to fall out of his mouth. I pulled his hands away from his face and looked him dead in the eye.

"Hey... I love you." I said and his face flamed red instantly his eyes opened wide.

"wh.." before he could get further I put my forehead against his roughly and smiled.

"Hah! Gotcha." my hands rested on his shoulders as I pulled away and helped him up from the floor.

"What... you're." my smile caught to him and his worry seemed to lift. "You're such ... such a fool" he shook his head as we went to log out of eden. It may be a strange way of saying it but even though he betrayed me and lead me on a chase that never needed to happen. i was glad.

"Thanks for choosing me." I said with my mettlettamon waiting patiently and my little poyomon rested in my hands sleepily. His shoulders tensed up and without looking back he logged out.

I haven't seen him in weeks. I worry he might do something selfish but my gut tells me if I go see him it'll only make it harder on him. So I wait in Erica's old hospital room with her wormmon to keep me company. Wait for things to be okay again.