Comment 2: @Crankipliersepticpie

Britain. Essex. Rainy. Another generic British day as I walk home from college. I was already having a bad day what with turning up late, tripping over my own foot in the canteen, covering myself in shepherds pie, and forget the project that I'd worked on for the whole summer. So, the rain wasn't helping. Suddenly, something fell out of the sky, crashing down into the woodlands next to me. Something heavy... something big. Curiosity flowe over me as I cautiously race down into the foliage towards the strange object. Once it comes in sight, I study it's features. The shape of the object was like that of a pepper pot, only it was speckled with small orbs. Atop the object was a dome, with two light bulb like objects erecting from it. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. I take a step closer. It as a plunger pointing out and a stumpy metal looking thing adjacent to it. I move my attention to the dome. Apart from the bulb-like objects, a long stick pokes out with what looks like half an orb attached to the end. "What on earth?" I ask myself step closer, half a step between me and the object. I reach out, my fingers so close but yet so far.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I swiftly twist to see a woman standing behind me, blonde hair and... very odd clothing.

"Why not?" I ask with confusion.

"Because I know what it is. What it can do. Do you really think that it's a good idea to go around touching things you don't know what are?"

"I guess not." I reply looking back at the object. "W-what is it?"

"Ah, yes. Good question. It's my..." She pondered a bit, looking around for inspiration. "...dustbin!" She shouted proudly.

"A dustbin?" I ask

"Yep."

"That's a dustbin?"

"Yep."

"A dustbin that looks like that?" I ask pointing back at the object.

"Yes...?" She replied, sounding a little unsure with her answer.

"Funny." I said looking back at the said dustbin. "I thought is was alien." The woman's eyes widen and she jolts slightly.

"Well... I can see why you would think that." I study the object until something wonders into my mind.

"If this is a dustbin... then why can't I touch it?" I asked.

"Well..." She started as she looked at me. I stood the with my arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. "Okay! Yes, it's alien." She said briskly walking towards me.

"Why didn't you say that the first time?" I question as she stands next to me, close to the object.

"Because humans don't tend to react very well to the word." She explained, studying the object.

"Humans. You say that like you're not one of us."

"I'm not." She replies, not taking an eye off the object. My eyes widen and my mouth falls slightly agape. I want to speak but no words escape. "All right, you might want to take a few steps back, and when I say run, run." She said, pulling out a small, slimish, metal handheld device.

"Why? What is that? I ask, but my question is cut off by the sound created by the device in her hand. Suddenly, the object comes to life, screaming out only one word over and over again.

"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"

"Run!" The woman shouts as she grabs my hand as pulls me with her. I turn back to see the alien hot on our tails.

"What is that thing?!"

"It's a Dalek!" She calls back. "I'm the Doctor by the way!" She shouts, her face stained with a smile.

"A-J!" I reply with little breath, sharing a smile. Her smile becomes wider as my weave in and out of trees. A mare layer of foliage between us and our hunter... the Dalek.