Home

I’ve had a best friend since I was born. Her name is carol and she’s amazing. When she was 5 she got into a car accident and both her parents died. Ever since then she hasn’t been completely normal. She seems distant and she gets the weirdest obsessions. For awhile she was obsessed with this certain song. She would obsess with certain celebrities, to the point where it makes her look like a stalker.

The obsessions usually change, and as of right now she’s obsessed with a location. Or rather, a road. Everytime we pass it she looks out of the windows. I’m not sure why but I’ve never asked her. One night we were having a sleepover and she asked me if we could visit the road. There was no way I would do that with her. It’s not that I didn’t trust her, it’s just the feeling I got when we went on that road. She pleaded and I asked her if she would shut up about it if we went and she said yes so I decided to go.

We drove about 10 to 20 minutes until we got there. It was even creepier at night. We went up and down the road and she just stared out the window. I didn’t know what to say so I kept silent. I finally got the courage to speak and asked her if we could go home and she asked if we could drive it one more time. I obliged and we went down. Turning on our way back she asked me to stop. I had no clue as to why but I did it.

Carol reached for the door handle and got out. I asked her “where are you going?” She responded by saying “thank you for taking me home”

My car lights faded off until I couldn’t see anything. When I turned them back on, she was gone. I was so scared so I sped home and got into bed. The next night my mom knocked on my door. She asked me to take her to the road. I told her no but she started crying and got on her knees. She was begging me so I decided to go.

When we got to the same spot she got out and I cried, asking her where she was going. She replied simply “home”

A few weeks later my dad got home from a business trip. That night the same thing happened. I told him we couldn’t go and he got mad. He grabbed my arms and started shaking me telling me we had to go. I cried but he didn’t care. He pleaded, and I had no choice but to take him. The same thing happened. He got out and told me he had to go home. I would never follow him. I didn’t want to know what was out there. It didn’t end there. Any friends I made, or girls I talked to begged me to go. They would attack me until I made them go. I lost my family and so many friends. Time after time I drove that road and I felt like I was loosing my mind. I didn’t know what to do, or who to tell. I didn’t know if I should report this to the police because I was worried they would ask me to go. I had to figure it out on my own.

I drove to the road and got out on the same spot. I walked for a little until I reached some gates. Gates to a cemetery. I went inside and felt weirdly calm. I saw Carols grave and then my parents, and everyone I had taken here. I saw so many, until I reached the final one. Written on the headstone was my name with tonight’s date. I read this and it finally dawned on me. I was home.

THE END.