Discussing an Otaku definition

This person needs to get their facts straight.

First of all they are right in saying that Otakus are ridiculed and looked down upon in Japan

But they are wrong about the fact that Otaku means that person is very mentally unstable. If they meant it in the sense of a die-hard fan of something to the point of stalking the person or people they are obbsessed with or to the point that if someone said something bad about that thing they are obsessed with they will murder them in their sleep then that's right becuase the people who do do that actually are mentally unstable. But if your using the word in japanese culture than many will take it in that context because it used to mean that but even then its still not completely accurate, and only a few, like one in a hundred (guesstimate), of all fans are like that even in Japan.

The word Otaku comes from the formal japenese word for house, O-Taku, and Otakus are reclusive, anti-social, introverted, die-hard fans who generally don't leave their house unless absolutely needed to or to go buy food or more merchandise. Which is why they are called Otaku, a play on the word for house.

So in all honesty they are slightly right but they are still wrong about a couple of things.