Chapter 5

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ryan asked throwing some of my shirts into a duffel bag.

"I am." I said smiling. "I don't want to be away from you any longer, and nothing is tieing me down anymore now that school is over." I said, grabbing some jeans and also throwing them in the duffel bag.

"What about your family?" He asked quietly. I just shrugged.

"They'll get over it. I'd rather be with you." He grinned and wrapped me in his arms.

"Well, I'm definitely happy you're coming with me." I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips to his. It was amazing not having the nagging thought in the back of my mind that he'd be leaving soon. He pulled away smiling. "Let's go," He said grabbing my bag and zipping it. I ran through a mental checklist to make sure I had everything I needed. I quickly scrawled a note to my parents, saying that I was sorry, but I had to leave. I added that they could call me anytime, but deep down I knew that they wouldn't. I took one last look around my room before scaling down the big tree for one last time.

- - - - - -

"Maddie! What're you doing here?" Jamie asked as I followed Ryan on the bus.

"Did your parents finally agree to let you come with?" Ian asked.

"Not exactly..." I answered smiling.

"Whoa. Watch out, we got a bad ass over here." Nash said smirking.

"Damn straight." I replied sitting down on the couch next to Ryan. He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "So, I hear the tour is going great."

"Yeah, it's awesome. And the show in Pennsylvania is actually sold-out," Jamie said grinning.

"Yeah, and maybe if you want, you could be our photographer." Ian suggested.

"Are you serious?!"

This time Ryan answered, "Yeah, I told the guys about how you love photography, and they thought it was a great idea."

"Well, I'd love to do it!" I said smiling. And that's when I realized that I definitely made the right decision in coming here.

A/N Sorry it took me awhile to update! Comment feedback please? And yeah, I realize this chapter is really short :P