Chapter 1.10

Sounds of firecrackers and cheerful commotion could be heard from behind the tall estate walls. Bright red lanturns hung from every possible location, lighting up the courtyard in the night. Its brightness comparable to the sunshine during the day.

Today was the New Years and FeiNan has already sent JunQing home to accompany his mother, they had both agreed to meet at his house so they could enjoy the festivities together.

"Wishing Host a Happy New Year, but please do not forget your mission."

"Do I look like someone who would forget System??"

"..would Host like an honest answer?"

"...no.."

FeiNan muttered as his fixed his same white mask securely onto his face. His plan was to meet his Second Younger Sister before going out.

With an evil glint he made his way to the second sibling's courtyard and tried his best to find her.

Not long after, he saw her sitting in a pavilion drinking tea alone, it painted a beautiful picture and one would be hesistant to disturb it.

FeiNan's heart would probably soften at the sight of this, but he knew the ugly nature underbeneath this picturesque facade.

He quickly made his way there, concealing the malice within his eyes.

"Second Younger Sister greetings."

Shocked by the sudden voice and maybe a little guilt, she quickly stood up and curtsied towards FeiNan.

"F-first Older Brother, what brings you here?"

Clearly more than a little nervous, FeiNan sneered in his heart,

"Little Sister not going to enjoy the festivities?"

"I do not feel well..."

"Well you can also stay and take care of Concubine Yu...I heard she has also not been feeling too good."

Who would feel good after being poisoned by the young and charming Second Young Mistress after all.

FeiNan turned his back around, hurrumping in his heart but amicably saying,

"Well I'm leaving to enjoy the festivities, be sure to take some time off too."

"Little sister.....remembers."

She tilted her head up, murderous intent flashes through her eyes as she stared a hole through FeiNan's body. As if berating herself for not being able to kill him right then and there.

FeiNan on the other hand was being happily praised by his system,

"Since she knows how you look like with the mask, the mission won't be compromised!! Host is smart!!"

"You know System, some missions require me to kill some concubines but because of that smart little girl I don't have to do anything!!"

The system buzzed twice and ceased talking, but FeiNan was too preoccupied with his small victory.

His nose grew longer and longer as he made his way to the market place. Gawking and gazing at the newly hung up decorations and the various performances specially created for this occasion.

Arriving at the same dingy door, but now with a hint of happiness within, FeiNan stepped in and gleefully said,

"JunQing!!"

The boy wiping the small side table quickly turned toward FeiNan,

"NanFei.You're here."

The woman who was having a shallow sleep awoke at the sound of that, she feebly said,