Chapter 6

"THAT'S BECAUSE I———"

"Oi, Kageyama! Come on we're starting!!!" An orange haired yells, as he jogs towards us

The black-haired male froze before you, realizing what he was about to say, he quickly shuts his mouth and helps you up.

"Be careful next time...." was all he said before walking back to the gymnasium. Your beat-up state didn't go unnoticed by the middle blocker that was approaching the two of you.

"Ah, (y/n)-chan what happened?!?!" Hinata cried out hysterically, his eyes looking at your newly formed bruises. You just waved a little, as if telling him to not mind it.

"Just got into a fight, that's all...." you sheepishly smiled at the male before you. He pouted his usual pout then he calls out to the setter.

"Oi Kageyama!! What happened?!" Hinata jogged up to him but the setter dismisses him as quick as a lightning.

"Why don't you ask her yourself....after all, you guys are sooo close." Kageyama replied with his usual annoyed voice. Hinata frowned at this, sensing that the setter really is mad.

"Haaaaah?? What's wrong with asking you?" But his attempts to ask the setter went futile as Kageyama angrily trots back to the gymnasium. Hinata huffed, arms crossed below his chest. "Tch, his attitude is getting more and more rotten each passing day since he dated that girl..."

The orange-haired male walks back towards you, disappointment written across his face. "Let's go, (y/n)-chan. We should get you treated." Then he started yelling out to his teammates

"I'M JUST GONNA TAKE (Y/N)-CHAN TO THE CLINIC BE BACK SOON BYEYEEEEEEE!!!!!" With his usual energetic tone, he began walking you to the clinic.

"So what really happened?" Asked Hinata

You just shrugged and glanced at him "Someone accused me of stealing something when in the first place it doesn't belong to them."

"Then you should've shown your awesome karate moves!!"

"Karate moves?"

"Like this! HYAAAAAA!" Hinata started kicking here and there, the passing students giving him weird looks as they move further from the middle blocker. You giggled at the sight. Hinata really lifts your spirits up with no effort, he really is a walking ball of sunshine.

The trip to the clinic was nothing but laughs and stories being exchange between you and the middle blocker. It was pleasant, you gotta admit. It made you forget even just for a moment about your aching heart.

————————————————————————————————————————————————
The sound of balls hitting the walls and floor echo throughout the gymnasium, as angry huffs and puffs followed.

"Dammit!!!" Yelled the setter as his palm hits another ball just after tossing it. Sweat dripped down his face and throughout his body. He panted, hands on his knees, his clothes drenched in sweat as the infinite scowl etched on his face deeper than before. His heart aches and he can't take it. Seeing you with the orange-haired male together and laughing makes him furious.

As he kept releasing his anger through practice, a voice suddenly interrupts the raging setter.

"Geez, why do you keep on torturing the balls? They haven't done no shit to you."

Oh how he hoped to hear that lovely voice again. All of his anger disappeared in a second, as if your voice was his calming pill. His dark blue eyes landed on your figure, you had your arms crossed and an eyebrow cocked up.

"The hell you starin' at dumb dumb? We have a session you know?" You sighed as you approach the male, towels hanging on your arm as you toss them towards him. He stared at you dumbfounded. You have a black eye, a bruised and cut lip and a few bandaid here and there.

His eyes softened at the sight of you as he catches the towels you threw. "(Y/n)-chan......"

"Don't say my name in such a depressing way, you're making it sound like I'm dead and you're seeing my ghost." You joked in to which he smiled.

"Sorry....." he muttered as he dries himself. You began picking balls and throwing them in their designated place.

"Three points! Hell yeah Curry!!" You exclaimed happily. Kageyama only watches you as he drinks his bottled water. He pondered as to why you were suddenly so friendly with him when you were yelling at him a few hours ago.

The two of you finished cleaning and you guys locked up the gym. The two of you then started walking towards your homes.

"Listen (y/n)-chan—" started Kageyama but you quickly dismisses him, knowing what topic he's going to bring up.

"Look, Yamayama-kun. It's fine, I get it. You got into a fight with your girlfriend because of me. So, I think it's best that——" you were cut off when the setter grabbed your shoulders and makes you face him

"No. You're not leaving me." He looked like he was crying. It made you feel bad at the same time you want to laugh since he clearly misread what you were about to say. Lucky for you, you cannot contain your laughter anymore.

"W-why are you laughing....? What's so funny....?" Asked Kageyama, with his current puppy eyes.....which looks like an angry glare if you ask me.

You held up your hand, as if telling him to wait. Few minutes has passed and your laughter died down, you looked at Kageyama with a small smile on your lips.

"I was going to say that as your friend, yes that's me, I will support you and try to help you if anything is bothering you two. It's the least I can do."

"(Y/n)-chan......"

"Don't give me that. Wipe that sad look on your face, it doesn't suit you. You look like you're having trouble taking a shit." You chuckled, to which the fellow blushed

"Don't tease me!!"

Small talks and laughs accompany your way back to the both of your homes. The awkward silence now turned into the once comfortable silence between the two of you. A small smile spreads across your lips as you look ahead. Even though you can't be with him, the least you can do is to become the friend he needs whenever he's down.

'Yeah, I'll just watch and love him from afar....I'll be content with that.' With that thought, the two of you continue your walk
_______________________________________________________
I LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HIII GUYS I'M BACK HUEHUEHUE

I'M SORRY IF I WAS AWAY FOR LONG SINCE

YEAH I'M ONE OF THE LAZIEST PERSON IN EARTH

SO I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER

SORRY FOR TYPOS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE