Sticky Notes

The next day I was surprised to find my usual nurse gone. In replacement, was a pimply teenager who looked about a college student standing at the foot of the bed. He was extremely thin, and he was mostly all legs then body. His hair was a blond mop on his head and he was surprised by my surprise.

"What, did you expect a girl?" He had a British accent.

"I dunno I was just expecting Nurse Blackwell...," I turned my head in confusion to look for the familiar face. The teen looked a bit annoyed at this.

"Blackwell's gone. Oh, I see how it is, you don't want me eh, because I'm ugly, eh? Don't worry, mate I'm sure you'll be satisfied with my looks. The ladies already fancy me as a charming lad," He wiggled his eyebrows.

I frown, "Uh no, I'm a guy. I don't 'fancy' you or anyone," This was already getting awkward. The teen made an exaggerated hurt face.

"Oh, I see you're the cold type. Don't worry you'll warm up to me soon enough, mate. Let me introduce myself. I'm Arthur Wilson," He held out his hand. I didn't take it. He took my hand and kind of shook it even though it was limp. He shrugged at my stubbornness. He seemed unfaltered by my coldness. He just smiled good-naturely and helped me into wheelchair. You would think that he would be a bit jerky and skittish but he was surprisingly gentle.

"Ah then," He chirped cheerfully. I was amazed how awake he was at 6:30 AM. "Where off to?"

"Piano," I said boredly.

"Next stop piano!" He cried. He pushed me with one hand and one hand outstretched. We sped at a intense speed and everything was a blur for a second. Part of me thought we were going to crash. The morning was foggy and the sky was heavy with clouds. The air felt heavy with dew as we sped toward the automatic door.

"What a beautiful day!" Arthur chirruped. The sky was grey but I let him have his opinion. When we made it to the door, he spun my wheelchair around in a circle.

"You know I'm not a kid," I remarked. He laughed at my incredulous expression.

"You grow up too fast mate! You can be as immature as you want at any age," He resumed pushing me the normal way through the hall. Windows encased all sides of a square entrance. The light illuminated the marble tiles.

"Room 102, second level," I said in maybe a less icy tone. Maybe Arthur was right. You don't always have to so sour. Arthur hummed what was probably "God Save the Queen" as he wheeled me to the elevator.

I was actually starting to enjoy the day as Arthur ogled at the clear side of the elevator where you can see the water fountain grow smaller as we rose. It shot up and he gasped like some delighted puppy. I rolled my eyes. I thought he was that kind of adult who exhaggerated everything but Arthur actually seemed to have genuine happiness. When we got to the door he banged some kind of rhythm on it. The door opened and a scowling man about Arthur's age greeted us. His face reflected nothing but pure malice.

"What are you kids doing? I'm waiting for a student. Beat it!" He was about to slam the door but Arthur stopped it with his foot.

"Sir! This is your student I think you're terribly mistaken this is-"

"Julian Adoro," I said weakly and I wheeled in slowly with the teacher glaring at me. Even though he looked young, his stiffness and pinched face made him seem 20 years older. Mr. Anderson (as I read from his name tag) seemed like he didn't want to be a teacher in the first place and hated all children and man-children also known as Arthur Wilson. He glared at Arthur but when his gaze turned to me it turned to murderous.

"I would be pleased if you would leave at once, little friend of...Justin," He spat and sounded like he'd be anything but pleased.

"It's Julian," I corrected. I was received with a scowl from Anderson.