Chapter 17: Kiera VS Malzahar

After a while, Ezreal, Kiera and I left. I challenged her to a 1v1 battle on the Howling Abyss. She gladly accepted.

Good. This is part two of the plan.

Ezreal will spectate as Kiera and I take our positions. In the Howling Abyss, our shopping is limited so we aren't allowed to purchase some items like the Bloodthirster or Guardian Angel.

"Welcome to the Howling Abyss," the announcer says. I quickly bought a Blasting Wand, Cloth Armor and some health potions. After, I head straight for the brush closer to the blue team, as I am on the purple.

Surely enough, Kiera comes, looking at me.

Not looking right? She can't see me.

Or I thought so.

The next thing I know is that a bunch of fireballs pelt me down as she runs around leaving a trail of burning ashes. I used my skills to poke her back but she outruns them.

About six seconds later, her speed returns to normal and she fires a rocket. The rocket only goes in a straight line however so I dodged it as it hit a minion. I farm.

Kiera tries to farm but my range is as long as hers. When she does, I poke her with my normal attack. I don't want to waste my mana yet.

At level six, I noticed some things. First, her running skill only lasts six seconds. Second, her rocket is only in a straight line and can hit a minion. Third, her passive can let her see through the brushes and fourth, she has no crowd control.

I wonder what her ultimate is.

I let her push, so that I can draw first blood. Her health was 2/3 so I had more.

Once she starts hitting the turret, I used my combo. I used Null Zone to open the void to take her health. When she is trying to get out, I use Call of the Void so that she gets hit anyway. My Voidling is summoned so I use Nether Grasp, suppressing her with Malefic Visions and ignite. She managed to get away but my ignite was still going.

A few seconds later a voice called out.

"Malzahar has slained an enemy. First Blood."

I smirked and took her turret down, grabbing the health packs as well.

Once I'm fed, there's no stopping me.

~Kiera's PoV~

Ugh! I died to Malz! I can't let this happen again.

I need to evaluate him.

I bought a few things from the merchant then went back out. I see that my turret has been destroyed. Malz keeps farming but is farther away.

I see his skills. His passive is probably to summon the voidlings that help him.

One skill can open a hole into the void, damaging enemies in it.

Another can open two portals, silencing and damaging enemies between them.

The other skill just hurts me over time.

His ultimate can suppress me.

He also took ignite and flash. The ignite will be added into his skills that are long-term durations. I took ignite and flash as well.

But how do I counter his skills?

I farm carefully, poking Malz from time to time. He seems amused at my pokes.

He will probably lure me in and use his combo: open hole into void, silence, hurts me over time, suppress and ignite.

Let's see. He is ability powered just like me. It means he relies on his skills. Every skill has a cooldown though.