Chapter 54

To do this all over again, what would I change? My running away, my choice to follow Raelyn or my husband? Too bad, I have no choice but to walk down that aisle once more.

I had a few women in my room, grooming me as I prepared to marry Zin. I had a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach, I just wanted this night over with. I didn't want to consummate anything, but I knew he wouldn't give me a choice. I was going to be raped again and even though I didn't want to go down this route again, I had a plan up my sleeve.

 I would get him vulnerable, and attack. I had to get out of this marriage once I had a chance, and sex was the best way to make him defenseless.

I watched myself in the mirror as they tightened my dress, I felt numb. I didn't mind the pain, it allowed my brain to escape my poor reality. 

I was Queen and I would remain so, but I knew I wouldn't be able to change Zin. He wasn't like Caleb. I felt my heart catch at his name, I would never see them again. 

No more Memphis, Caleb, Hai or Cadoc. I hoped they were safe in Alexandria. At least with this, they would be cleared and free to live their lives.

I hope they would all move on and leave me be.

They began to brush my hair and applied make-up before I stopped her. "What is your name?" I asked and she shook her head. "I have orders not to speak to you," she looked nervous. "Is Zin that afraid of my power?" I asked and she looked at the other women. "Leave us," I dismissed them, and grabbed her hand, stopping her.

"Please," she begged, "I don't want to end up like Raelyn or Mya. Please, let me go." "They won't hurt you, I promise this. What is your name, girl?" I asked, turning to her. "I am Quin, your Majesty."

"I will appoint you as my right hand." "Is that possible?" she asked and I nodded. "Yes, and you will be safe under my wing. All I need is your acceptance. Are you willing to help me?" I asked and she nodded.

"I hate this life, I will do anything for you if you promise to save me." "I will, tonight is our night. Just do as I say, got it?" 

***********************************

I walked toward the huge doors and was slapped with deja vu, from my first wedding. Who knew I would be doing this again, I groaned out loud.

"Now," a guard approached me and opened the door and I walked toward my doom.

There he stood, in armor and I grew confused. I looked around as his men stared at me. What was going on?

I continued my walk, making it there quickly. Unlike with Caleb, I didn't have butterflies or conflicting feelings. All I had was hatred, deep in my heart and disgust. Not for Zin, but for myself. For putting myself in these damn predicaments always, just so stuck between two hard choices. I didn't want this, but I knew this would save everyone I cared about.

"Why are you dressed this way?" I asked and he touched my cheek, I pulling away from his touch. "You promised you would make this look real, now act like it," he grabbed my face again dand I let him. "Why?" I asked and the priest walked inside.

"Before we start," he interrupted the man and Zin turned to the audience. "I am sure everyone may not like this union, but it is happening and with this matrimony we will be the legitimate king and queen. Amina Badru is the granddaughter of Gamal Badru, former Pharaoh before that bastard Ra took over with his entitled sons. With Amina as the rightful queen and I her husband now, our children will rule over all."

I shuddered with his words, I didn't want children with him. I didn't want to share my body with this evil person, but of course I had no choice.

The crowd seemed confused with his statement and murmurs began to spew out. "I know there is much confusion, but all will be answered."