Save him

November 8th, Thursday

„Bakugou. I have news and I want you to meet someone." Aizawa enters my room, seeing me laying in bed with Kirishima having the chair faces with its back to me, leaning his chin and arms on it as always, but holding one of his arms over to touch me. As soon as Aizawa enters with an unknown man next to him, Kirishima moves his arm back, changing the soft look on his face to a serious one.

„News?" I ask monotone, looking at the stranger next to my doctor.

„This- is Tasuku Honjo and he won the Nobel prize in medicine a few months ago. The fact that he is here right now is- inexpressible. It's a huge honor." Aizawa seems to fangirl about the guy. But winning a Nobel prize is a tough thing, so he must be good. The smile on his face is kind of odd, way too nice. And the way he happily makes a step forward, makes him even weirder than he already is.

„As doctor Aizawa said, my name is Tasuku Honjo, but Honjo is okay. Your name is Katsuki Bakugou and as it seems, you're incredibly sick. Well- I am here to help you."

„Help me?" Kirishima stares over to me, his body frozen completely. I don't take it serious. There's nothing he could do.

„Yes. If I may explain. At the current moment, you suffer under kidney failure plus the leukemia you have. My research made a good progress and I could actually have a protein, which I call PD-1. Together with a friend of mine, we combine our proteins if needed, to let the immune system of a person heal the diseased cells in their body. What I'm suggesting you now, is to get under the procedure of dialysis, try as well as possible to keep your kidney working and also taking these proteins. These will kill off the rest of your leukemia cells and will actually even help you strengthen the system itself. After approximately a month if you're lucky, you'll be able to have a kidney transplant!" He explains way too happily, it confuses me.

„Wait, this is coming out of nowhere. Aizawa, you told me I could already have a kidney transplant!" Aizawa frowns and even steps back a little. Even though I tried so hard to prepare for my death, I'm still fighting for what I thought could never be possible.

„Well, it's not as easy as you think. The leukemia could come back any time. Even if your immune system would be strong enough to proceed with the surgery, it would be suppressed in order to actually implant this kidney without complications. So in order to not die or fail the procedure, we need to suppress your immune system during the surgery, which we at your current state can't possibly do. You would die. Your body wouldn't be able to cope with it." He explains rather low. My immune system is too weak to have a kidney transplant? But I knew this from the beginning somehow. And there was no way I could get one anyways, wasn't it? I knew this. Now don't cry. Don't cry.

„That's why I'm here." Honjo interrupts, smiling again.

„You're saying through your protein thingy, Bakugou's cells could be working fine and his immune system could be strong enough for the transplant?" Kirishima asks again, just to be sure he heard right.

„Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying." We look at each other. Then I frown.

„My death day should be today. You know this is a risky move." Kirishima pouts at my sentence, leaning his chin against his arm again.

„That's why we're starting now."

Without further conversation, Aizawa decided to bring me to labor and begin the dialysis directly. It all goes so fast, that I don't even realize what's happening. Everything is a huge gamble. And if it doesn't work out the way everyone planned it, I lost the last day of my existence laying on a surgery bed with a few doctors sticking around my kidney, instead of being with Kirishima.