Prologue

In the literature club, three girls were busy preparing the room for their newest arrival.

One of the girls, whose name was Monika, was humming softly to herself as she carefully placed books back in their designated places on the shelves. Another, named Natsuki, was setting out cupcakes for the guest that would soon arrive. And finally, Sayori was scurrying to write a poem, or at least, she appeared to be doing so.

A knock on the door startled them, and Monika raced over to open it.

Hesitantly, a tall girl with long and flowing purple hair entered the classroom, her expression and actions reflecting her anxiety. She clutched a book tightly in her hands.

If any of the girls looked closely, they'd notice that the book had an ominous-looking eye on the front cover.

"H-Hello... I'm Yuri..." Yuri's gaze met her feet, and she timidly bowed her head in greetings.

Monika clasped her hands together and smiled at the newcomer.

"Welcome to the Literature Club, Yuri! I'm sure you'll love it here!"

Sayori nodded in agreement, though Natsuki wasn't exactly happy.

"Whatever.. As long as she doesn't get in my way, we're good," the tsundere snapped.

Sayori gave her a concerned glare. "Natsuki, that was really mean."

Monika placed a hand on her shoulder. "Now, now. She's just being herself, Sayori. If Natsuki pushes too far, you'll know." Her tone was similar to a chiding mother as she spoke.

Sayori sighed. "I know.." She looked down, trying to hide her reddened face.

Yuri just looked at Monika, confused. "U-Uhm.."

Monika turned to Yuri, smiling at her. "Oh, don't worry about them! They do this a lot."

Yuri nodded. "O-Okay.."

"Enough chit-chat! Come and eat my cupcakes already!" Natsuki grinned, pointing over to the cupcakes she had set up.

Yuri eagerly ran over, smiling at how adorable the cat-shaped cupcakes looked.

"S-So cute!" Yuri squealed, before picking one up and delicately taking a bite.

She beamed. They were delicious.