3

A ringing sound filled the silent room, picking up, she accepted the phone call.

"Good morning, Ms. Aragon, I would like to inform you that our boss, Mr. Jack, told me that you're fired. " Her manager said. Though the declaration didn't even surprise her one bit.

"Why? " Her question seemingly like an innocent and harmless question, however, it's far from it.

"Your appearance have frighten our customers, they have been spreading rumors about our restaurant hiring terrorism. " She then answered in a careless voice, " Oh? " She's provoking him, she knows this, but she could care less.

"You're fired. " Her manager, Mr.Bank, said in a hard voice.

"You already told me that. " She smile in satisfaction and waited, listening for his next words.

"Ms. Aragon, I will not tolerate your disrespectful attitude towards me. Remember, you're only my employee. " Mr. Bank's voice sounded pissed, angry at her lack of respect.

"And remember, your boss fired me, meaning I'm no longer your employee. " With that, she hang up the call. Satisfied that her conclusion was right.

Sighing to herself, she got back to staring at her night sky like ceiling, thinking.

But after a few minutes, her phone rang again, answering the call without so much as a look, she waited for the person in the other side to speak.

"Good morning, Madam" A sweet voice greeted her ears.

Closing her eye, she greeted back, "Good morning, Ms. Vexana " Her voice held a warning tone, at the same time emotionless, almost robotic.

"Madam—I mean Ms. Eudora, we have a lunch meeting that will start an hour from now. " Her secretary, Ms. Vexana, reminded her of the up coming meeting today. She was please to hear that Vexana called her by her name, even if the girl still insists on the Ms, just so Vexana won't call her madam.

"Where would that be? " She ask, her voice void of any emotion, and yet has a soft tone to it.

"Miles Restaurant, Ms. Eudora. "

"Very well then, thank you, Vex. " Eudora could practically tell that Vexana is smiling from the other side of the phone, "You're very much welcome, Ms. Eudora. "

Vexana Carter, a half Asian, a Japanese to be exact, has been her secretary for over 5 years and a very loyal woman. Eudora consider the girl a family of her, the only family she has. Vex knew all of her secrets and vow to never tell a soul, and has proven that for 3 years now.

After saying their goodbyes, she hung up and got ready for the lunch meeting, looking at the clock, it's green light telling her it's already five in the morning, now she has only half an hour or so. After getting dressed, Eudora walk out of her room, down the stairs and out the house, rounding towards the garage, she went towards her old Toyota car, getting in and puttingthe care key iin the keyhole, she prayed it works. After a few times of twisting and turning, the car finally roar to life, sighing in relief, she drive toward the forest, where she made a path of dirt for her car, after some time and passing a few wolves, she made it towards the main road and drive towards city.

It took her twenty minutes, before reaching the restaurant, she drive her car to the parking lot and park. Getting out, and making sure to actually locking it this time, before getting in the restaurant.

She was well aware of the judging stares she's receiving, most of all the waiters, waitresses and the guard who open the door for her. Looking around, she immediately spotted a mane of brown hair talking to a middle age man with blonde hair and with strands of gray. She quickly made her way towards them, Vex was the first to notice her, most of all her clothing then smiled softly at her, then Mr. Miles, she presume, is looking at her with a frown on his face.

"Madam! " Vex stand up and bow down, showing her respect.

"Madam? " Mr. Miles ask confuse.

"Oh, yes! She's Madam Aragon, and you're lucky enough to meet her, you know. So please show some respect and manners and great her. " Even though Vex is smiling, she can see the harsh glare in Vex's dark brown eyes.

"What? She's The Madam? But—" He look at her up and dow, seeing her wear a faded jeans, blue shirt and an old worn out button up denim jacket and the hooded vest resting on her head and a pair of black flat heels ankle boots, but what made him grimace at her more is when he took noticed of her medical eye patch, "—look at her, she's...uhm...not dress properly." Vex raised a brow at him. "So? Is there a f*cking problem? " Before things went out of control, she spoke.

"Vex—" Giving her a glance, which Vex instantly understand, "—and Mr. Miles, why don't we start the meeting? I'm getting hungry. " Her tone cold and harsh, and held a warning to it, daring him to object. When he didn't, they all took their sits.

Mr. Miles sat across them near the window, Eudora right in front of him and Vexana next to her.

Mr. Miles called out a waiter to take their orders. Telling the waiter their order, Mr. Miles called for his manager.

When the manager come over to them, he look so shock upon seeing her, Mr. Miles stand up and introduce them, completely ignorant of the situation. " Bank, this is our client, Ms. Aragon along with her secretary Ms. Carter, this is my manager Mr. Bank. "After the little introduction the two sat down, Eudora and Vexana didn't even bother to stand up, seeing no reason for it.

"What are you doing here? " Mr. Bank ask her, he seems so curious.

Smiling, "For the meeting of course! " Although she's smiling her tone says other wise.

"Me–meeting?! " He looks so shock upon her words.

"Why, yes! Is there a problem Mr. Bank? " Vex looks like she's about to explode, with how red her face is, and hard she's gritting her teeth together.

"But—she—i—boss—" He started to spoke, but ended up shambling his words, and couldn't form a proper sentence.

"Mr.Bank! " Mr. Miles hiss at his employee, his face already red from embarrassment.

Mr. Bank hung his head low, while his boss face them and apologize for his employee's behavior.

"It's fine, but I would like for this meeting to start. "

Just then the a waiter appear along with their meals. When the boy has placed their order on the table, he left.

Looking at her food, which is only a salad and water, while Vexana started eating her steak.

"Madam, I would like to make a deal with you. I would like to invest in your company. " She didn't speak, instead, Vexana answer for her.

"How much will you invest into our company? " Vexana ask, while cutting her steak calmly.

"Why are you answering? I ask the madam! "

"I answer for madam. And I suggest you start talking rather than questioning. " Her voice hard and strong, making Mr. Miles to look away, gritting his teeth.

Clearing his throat, he spoke,
"$3, 000,000.00" Vexana's mouth form an O, while Mr. Bank's mouth drop, like he didn't expect it, meanwhile, Eudora keep looking out the window.

"Three million dollars? Hmm... " Vex lean on the chair, caressing her chin in thought.

"What would it benefit you? Investing three million dollars on a company that doesn't have anything that relate to your kind of business. " Vexana tsk and shook her head.

"Ah—our—umm—" When he couldn't answer, Eudora sigh and look at him in the eyes, her black eye shimmering from the rising sun's ray.

"My business is new, yes, but I am no idiot. How do you think I reach the top in just a week, after I started my company? I could imprison you with just a snap of my finger, fool. You think I will fall in your little games? " Standing up, she turn her head toward Vexana, "Let's go. " When Vexana stand, she's already near the door. Vexana run towards her as best as she can in her heels, leaving Mr. Miles and Mr. Bank trembling in fear.