chapter 2

11:47 p.m

Glazing through my window, watching as the white flake fell from the grayness, and dancing, defying gravity and flitting up before floating back down again. spotless while reflecting the moonlight. beautiful.

A smile interrupted my face as the thought of meeting Dakota in the woods and enjoying this miracle of nature.

me:

meet me in the woods by 20.

Dakota:

sure! cya there.

I grabbed my coat, pulled my boots and head off. I reached at the edge of the woods. A glimpse of a fire caught my eye. I walked carefully toward the fire, the only source of heat in this place.

I found out that Dakota already set a fire and fixed the position of the tree trunk we sat on last time.

It was a school night so I had to get home before sunrise.

I wondered if Dakota goes to a school. He's a mystery. A hot mystery.

we watched as the ground drowned in the fluffy, white snow. the fire was the only thing that kept me from turning into an ice cube. I kept shivering uncontrollably despite the fire and the coat. I feel like i'm about to freeze to death. I excuse myself to go home. I don't wait for Dakota to answer me. I just leave. confusion run across Dakota's face.

I biked as quick as I can. when I entered the house, Myles, my twin brother was waiting for me.

"so where you've been at 3 am?" Myles said.

"umm.. I was just.. I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk" I lied.

"you alright?" Myles said, I nod and we both went back to our room.

I lay in bed thinking. Myles is a good brother I guess. He's nice and thoughtful. We never had that twin bonding thing, mainly because of me and my problems. I can't open up to anyone even my twin. I guess I'm just a messed up bitch. My pool of thoughts were disrupted by a *ding* from my phone. I grabbed my phone and saw the text from Dakota. 

Dakota:

wow. thanks for ditching me.

Me:

sorry I was freezing my ass off there.

Dakota:

why didn't you bring a coat. lol. I would've gave you mine if you asked for it.

Me:

I WAS WEARING A COAT.

Dakota:

ok

me:

yeah good night and sorry

Dakota:

It's fine, I guess i'll just give these s'mores to the squirrels 

me:

you had s'more??

Dakota:

you would've had some if you didn't ditch me.

me:

I already said sorry, what do you want more than that.

Dakota:

you apologies a lot, see you tomorrow 

Me: 

i'll try to be there.

Dakota:

thanks

I close my phone and suddenly remembered my English homework. I jumped out of my bed and ran to Myles' room. I barged in the door and scared Myles. 

"jeez Mila, have you ever heard of knocking" Myles half screamed.

"i'm sorry, but I please copy your English homework. I totally forgot about that homework"

Myles looked up to me with a concerned look and said, "this isn't like you Mila, you never forget to do home works and never wonder off alone in the middle of the night, are you sure everything is fine?"

I nod and said "yes, everything is fine" and stormed out of his room. I don't need his homework, i'll just get it from quizlet or some shit. I have my ways.