Chapter 6

October 18th 2013

"I have to go to school!"

"No babe stay!"

"Babe?"

"Well, you know I like you so what's the problem?"

"Oh nothing! It's just I really love my new nickname!" I smile.

"I'm glad you like it! By the way, will you stay with me now?"

"Matt, I have to go!"

"No, no, no! Please! I'll be sad if you leave!"

Awe! He's so cute! But I have to go to school.

"I'm sorry Matt! School first!"

"Ugh fine!" He frees me from his hug and we walk to the door holding hands. Not gonna lie, I already miss him but I'll come back to his house for the project.

"I already miss you!" He says.

"Why don't you come to school with me?"

"I'm not gonna go to boredom today!" I laugh.

"Please! Do it for me! Come with me!"

"Can't say no to you, baby!" He smiles and I smile back. He quickly ran to his room and changed clothes. "I'm ready!" He yells as he comes out of his room.

"Hello there!" I smile at him making him smile too.

"Hey cutie! Are you ready to go?"

"Yes!" I say.

"C'mon let's go!" He says offering me his hand. I take it and we leave for school.

February 18th 2020

I wake up in Matt's hug. We slept on the couch last night. I look at him. He looks so peaceful, so calm! I remember the first time I slept in his hug. I felt safe. So safe! I felt... loved! And that feeling... Came back! It's back! I don't wanna leave from his embrace! I just wanna stay with him. I check the time. It is... 10 O'CLOCK?!

"Snap!" I whisper to myself as I try to get up.

"Where are you going?" His morning voice tho.

"I have to go to work."

"No don't leave! Please!" He hugs me tighter.

"Matt, I have to go."

"No please! I need you here!"

"Matt... I can't stay here! Work is important!"

"Fine! You can go." He says and he lows his head. I can't leave him here alone. It really gets lonely in this big house.

"Come with me at the work."

"Huh?"

"C'mon! Get dressed Matt!"

"But I don't wanna to disturb... "

"You won't. Just go and change! I'll take you to my work and I'll hire you too!" I cut him off.

"Alright! I'm going!" He says and he goes to his room. I run to my bathroom to take a quick shower and get dressed. A couple of minutes later, I hear Matt's voice.

"Babe I'm ready!"

"Babe?"

"I mean Y/n!"

"You called me babe!"

"Y/n... "

"You did call me babe!"

He sighs and he answers:

"Yes I did, okay?"

"You're cute!"

"Thanks! But you're cuter!" he comes closer to me and he takes my hand, looking into my eyes. Then, his eyes start filling up with water. Why is he crying again?

"Matt, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I ask him.

"Because I miss you! I miss us! I miss every single damn memory we had! I miss those nights we weren't sleeping and we were talking till the sunrise! I miss our dates at the park and at the beach! In general, I miss our love, our relationship!" And tears escape from his ocean blue eyes.

I wipe them off with a napkin and I place my head against his shoulder. I can't tell him I'm ready to date him again. I'm still hurt from the inside.

"I'm really sorry I failed you!" He says against my forehead.

"It's okay Matt! Please stop crying! I can't deal with crying Matt! I need happy Matt! My happy Matt!".

He immediately smiles as he wipes off his tears.

"That's my Matt! Shall we go?"

"You're already late so let's go baby!" I smile at his comment. I take his hand and rush to the front door. I take my car keys and we leave the house.

We arrive at my work.

"That building is massive! I've never noticed it!"

"I'm glad you like it because you're gonna work here." I say smiling at him.

"Wait, really? But I..."

"Yes you will work here! You'll be my manager, okay?"

"Okay! Thanks!"

"No problem!" We get into the building.

"Good morning boss!"

"Good morning Mrs Y/Ln!"

"Morning Miss! Who's that guy with ya?"

"Good morning guys! You'll learn who's that man next to me later."

Honestly, I have the best employers in the world! They all like me and I love them like my children I've never had! Children... I've always loved that word and when I started dating Matt, I thought he would be the one who would be my husband and the father of my children... But I was wrong. Anyways, we finally arrive at my office. I order two drinks, a coffee for Matt and a tea for me. We get in my office and I sit on my chair, turning on my computer.

"I love your office!"

"Thank you! By the way, we'll leave from here a lil bit earlier so we can buy some stuff from the IKEA."

"Why?"

"We need to buy you a desk so you can work here. Yes, we'll be sharing my office."

"Thanks Y/n! I really appreciate it!"

"No need to thank me! By the way, you need a computer too! And a new phone. And an iPad. Okay shopping day round 2!"

He laughs and looks around.

"So many awards and certificates!"

"Yeah, I really don't know how I succeed that!"

"You were always successful Y/n! You came first in that math contest, you came first in that science contest, you graduated from high school with A*, you finished college with A* again! How couldn't you be successful?"

I smile as I hear his speech.

"Thank you Matt!"

"I love you!"

"What?"

"Nothing. I just said I love your computer."

"Thanks!"

(I love you too Matt!😚 I MEAN, Hope y'all enjoy my new chapter! PEACE OUT!)