Chapter Two

Ashlynn Grey

Entry Two•

I believe that when two people are in love with one another, you can see it in their eyes. The way they look at each other, the way they stare.

Their eyes are full of admiration, of attraction, of undying feelings. Their eyes twinkle and words don't have to be spoken.

There's this invisible thread that's connecting the two of them, a binding string that will keep them together.

I never truly thought about the concept of being in love with somebody.

Hell, how would I know? I was 14 when I met the kid, 15 when I actually acknowledged how I was feeling.

He just had these big brown eyes that I was so deeply lost in.

I always assumed that blue eyes, or green eyes would pique my interest. You know, the swirling colors of the ocean.

I never thought that I would find myself staring into an endless pit of the most mesmerizing shade of caramel.

Today, I met his father. We weren't even dating yet. The idea wasn't even thought of, yet my heart was still pounding against my chest.

God, I hated meeting parents. I always found myself to be a nervous wreck, despite the fact that adults really seemed to enjoy my presence.

I was always polite, I maintained a high GPA, and I had the personality of a know-it-all.

Pressure was never my area of expertise, and I absolutely despised being under it.

But, I always felt under it when I was around him.

My hair had to be styled, my clothes had to be picked out three nights in advance, my face had to be free of blemishes.

He never actually expected these things from me, I just couldn't live with the idea of him not being completely satisfied.

I was obsessed with pleasing him in every way possible.

I hated not being in control. But, how do I give myself that power when a simple glance from him would make me weak in the knees?

Sincerely,

Ashlynn