Prologue

A/N~ New story. I really have no idea what I'm gonna do with other book, but I'll go back to it some other time. For now, it's time for change. And I know I know authors leaving a book they're writing and doing another one, it's bad but I don't know what to write about anymore!!!

I've officially lost all motivation for it at the moment so until that spark comes back, this book will have to do. Now without further ado aka my ramblings, let's get started.

Third Person POV:

Birds scattered from their perches as an ear-splitting scream cut through the quiet afternoon. The tiny creatures of the forest darted to hide, as if a predator scoured the forest. Well, there was one.

In a tiny cottage, a woman lay on the floor in front of the raging fire. Blood dribbled in her eye, down her chin from a nasty gash on her forehead. She lay there and knew if she didn't get up, she would be in worse condition than what she was in already.

She used the couch to push herself up. After a couple of minutes she stood upright, slouching as pain zinged through her ribs. She whimpered quietly trying to not let anyone hear, especially him.

She limped into the tiny kitchen about to fix up dinner, she didn't want to anger him more. Though she wasn't sure what she did to make him angry in the first place. She never did anything.

The woman decided to fix something easy but would still appease him: lasagna. She pulled out all the ingredients and got to work. After layering it generously she placed it in the oven to cook. Right as she straightened up, she heard a cry.

She immediately started for the off-white door and opened it with some force. What she saw made her gasp, putting her hand to her mouth. The room itself wasn't what made her gasp, though the blandness of it did catch her off guard every time she saw it.

But no the room wasn't it, it was the sight of the man holding a little child. Her little child. He was holding her by the arm tightly, probably bruising it and she had tears streaming down her face. He turned when he heard her gasp. He smiled at her, a deranged smile.

"So nice of you to finally join us, Mary. Little Aimee here and me were just you know bonding. You know how it is, father and daughter time," he grinned.

The woman, we now know as Mary, took a step forward, reaching for the little girl. "Please, give her to me. She's only a child Leo," Mary begged. She never wanted her little girl to be near him. She did everything in her power to keep her away from him.

Leo shook his head at her and turned back to the little thing in his grip. She had grey eyes that were filled with tears and messy, brown shoulder-length hair. She was skinny and she trembled under his hateful gaze. Leo tightened his grip on her arm and the little girl cried out. He smiled a cruel smile.

Mary rushed to help her daughter but Leo smacked her aside. She flew to the ground and held her ribs. Mary groaned in pain but slowly tried to get up from the ground.

Leo kicked her back down and laughed at her scream. Mary rolled on her back and stared at the monster of a man jerk her daughter around. She couldn't make her body move, all she could do was watch helplessly as her daughter was beaten. Her daughter. Only hers, he lost the right to that title long ago. The little girl squirmed trying to get to her mother but the man held her tightly. Leo pushed the little girl to the ground and watched as she tried to crawl away from him.

Leo reached in the back of his jeans to find the thing that would help him finish this. He pointed it at Mary, planning to make the little girl watch. Make her watch as her only family was ripped away from her.