Chapter 2 [Un-Edited]

A/N~ Welcome back!!! Let's go!!!

Hunter's POV:

I woke up to the heart monitor beeping uncontrollably. I jolted from my slouched position and scanned the area for any threats. When I found none, I looked to the little pup on the bed.

She stared at me with scared grey eyes. I went over and slowly rose my hands as to not scare her, and brushed her fur. "It's ok little one, no one will hurt you ever again," I soothed. She trembled violently under my hand and it made my heart clench. I felt so protective over this little pup that it scared me, it was so strong.

The little pup stopped shaking after I petted her for a few minutes and she finally relaxed. My wolf purred in my mind and I smiled.

I looked back at the pup and asked, "Can you shift back for me little one?" She looked at me and cocked her head. Her grey eyes were full of curiosity and still a little fear.

"Can you shift," I asked again. She still looked at me with the same expression in her eyes. I huffed and decided to get the doctor. "Stay here. I'll be right back," I told her. She just plopped her head down on the bed. I chuckled and walked out the room.

I walked to the desk and saw the nurse on the computer. She looked up when she heard my footsteps approach her and bowed her head. "Alpha what can I do for you," she asked me.

"Where is Dr. Blake? I need her to do something for me," I replied to her, bluntly. She nodded her head. She picked up the receiver and held it up to her mouth.

"Dr. Blake please come to the front desk. Dr. Blake to the front desk," I heard her voice echo through the halls. Not even two minutes later, she came rounding the corner. She walked up to me and bowed her head.

"What can I do for you today, Alpha," she asked, fixing her stethoscope around her neck. I just motioned for her to follow me. We walked in silence back to the little pup's room. Upon entering, I saw that she was in the same position, almost asleep. I cooed at the sight.

"Little one," I tried to get her attention. Her little wolf head popped up. "It's ok, it's just me and my friend. She's a doctor. Doctors help people. Do you think you can let her help you," I softly said to her. Her little head cocked to the side again, making me chuckle. After waiting a few seconds, she nodded.

"I need you to look over her leg. Make sure it's healing as it should," I order Doc.

Doc looks over the little pup and asks, "Can you shift for me?" I look to the little wolf just in time to see her cock her head once again.

"I don't think she knows how to shift back to her human form. When I asked her earlier she just looked at me confused. I think her mother didn't explain this to her," I inform Doc. She nods her head in understanding, while walking towards a cabinet. She pulls out a huge syringe filled with a sparkly silver liquid.

The pup whimpered and instincts kicked in and I growled at Doc. I wanted to go and smack that needle out of her hands.

"What is that," I demand. I went to stand in front of the pup protectively, hearing her whimper behind me. My wolf growls lowly in my mind. Doc looks at me with surprise, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow.

"It's silver. I'm going to put a small amount in her bloodstream, with the hopes that she'll shift back. I need her to be human so I can not only treat her foot to it's fullest potential, but to see if there are other injuries that we can not see," Doc informs me. I narrow my eyes at the needle, it was pretty huge. "This is unfortunately the only way to do this without harming her a whole lot," she tells me. I nod and turn back to the pup, cooing to her softly.

"Little one I need you to do this for me. I need you to be a big girl for me now. Can you do that," I ask her gently. She flops her tongue out her mouth. I chuckle and hold her body to me. She nuzzles closer to my chest and I give Doc the go ahead.

She first takes away all the wires that were connected to her at first and then Doc quickly sticks the needle in the pup's side. The effects were immediate. Her little body writhed on the table and I took a step back to give her some space. She howled in pain and my wolf whined out. We hated the thought of seeing this little pup in pain. It confused me, but I had other things to worry about as the little pup needed tending to. A little scream brought me back to reality.

I snapped my gaze back to the little pup, well she wasn't that much of a pup now, more of a tiny human. She had long brown hair that was clumped with dirt and her body was skin and bones. She was so small, maybe even smaller as a human that a wolf.

She laid on the table breathing heavily with her eyes closed in exhaustion. "Little one, are you okay," I broke the silence. Her eyes slowly opened and met mine. Her grey eyes screamed exhaustion. The look of fear in them made my wolf growl out.

I walked forward cautiously until I reached the side of the table. I brought my hand down to push some of her hair out of her face. She closed her eyes again and started to mutter something. I furrowed my brows, 'What was she trying to say.'

I bent down to hear her better and I could faintly make out her saying, "Mommy gone."

"Your mommy's gone," I asked. She opened her eyes and nodded. "How," I questioned her softly.

"The bad man got mommy," she whispered with wide, teary grey eyes. "She said run and hide so the bad man wouldn't get us. I hide and then I am a doggie. Is that bad," she rushed out. I ran my hair through her knitted hair gently, comforting her.

"No, no, no little one. It's alright. Did your mommy come back," I gently ask. She shakes her head with little tears coming down her face. I hug her close to my chest and feel her wet my shirt with her tears. "It's ok little one. I'm here now to protect you. You'll be safe from the bad man, okay," I reassure her. She nods her head in my chest.

"How old are you little one? Do you know," I try to change the subject.

She holds up five fingers and says excitedly, "I four!" My eyes widen in surprise. 'Four years old! How is she shifted?!' I mind-link Doc hurriedly.

'I don't know Alpha. I've only heard of this happening once. A little boy, he had a forced shift when he was around her age. His pack was attacked and he barely escaped. I suppose you could call the pack and ask the Alpha if you could speak with this child. He should be in his teens now.' she informs me. I nod and turn back to the little girl who is now playing with my rings.

"Little one, what's your name," I inquire. She looks up at me with her wide eyes.

"Aimee," she replies simply. She yawns and rests her head on my shoulder, snuggling up to me. My wolf purrs at the sight.

"Well Aimee, we should let you get some more rest. Let's let my friend check your leg and then you can go to sleep, little one. How's that sound," I softly ask, rubbing my hand up and down her back. She nods, mumbling something.

I chuckle and motion for Dr. Blake to start checking her leg. She gets to work immediately.

"Well she's healing faster than someone her age should so that's something, but not a bad thing. She just needs some fluids and some rest. Maybe a nice bath and a hot meal would do her some good. You can take her anytime Alpha. Have a good day," she walks out the room leaving just me and Aimee.

"Well, what to do with you now," I mumbled. She just giggled and poked my cheek.

~Well done. How do you like the chapter, lovelies??  I'm changing from how I wrote MSM and MFM. All comments, ideas, song requests, and suggestions are welcome. See ya later lovelies!!!

Song: Break My Heart Again - FINNEAS (go check him out, Billie Eilish's brother btw)

QOTC: What's your favorite season. Mine is fall because it's not too cold nor too hot. Perfect cardigan weather.

*~Vote. Comment. Share.~*