14

Incase you forgot what the dark castle looked like.

Christian

I waited for my brother to get here he was taking forever. I wonder where he went I'll ask him about it later. Right now all the elders were sitting in the living room waiting to discuss what's going to happen with Chris. My mother isn't really our mother we call her that so people don't ask questions. She's just some random lady that never chose sides and she was the only one who was ever able to not pick a side. So since this was her house it's one of the neutral places we can all be in and she didn't care. Since it was a neutral zone both the dark and light made sure she was set up right. We might be in the hood but she had the funds to get out of here, this is where her great grandparents lived though when they were alive. She only wanted to live here to be closer to them I guess.

She was cool though and she liked having us around. Of course she had to make it look like she was an actual parent cause my brother and I went back to school. We all got new identities just so people wouldn't think twice about it. But I always wondered if people would recognize me because of what I did. I was the one that killed my family including my twin then I killed myself. The only thing is I could never figure out why I did it. We lived in the same house that was in the dream we all had. There was definitely some weird shit going on in that house way before we moved in. We were also born in that house our mother had a water birth at home. My father was in the Army and my mother was a doctor. So it's not like we were growing up poor. While we lived in the house I would always see and hear things that my parents didn't. There was a kid named Sammy that lived there before us. He was my friend but now that I think about it he was special just like anyone that saw us.

It's now been almost half an hour since I texted him. I swear he needs to hurry up cause I'm really getting impatient now. Just as I was about to text him again he walked in the house. He looked weird, his shirt was wrinkled and his pants were on backwards. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and just let it go for now. Of course he'll hear my mouth later for taking so long to get here. Everyone kept asking me where he was and what was keeping him so long. Unfortunately for them it's not my time to watch him.

"What's going on?" He was the first one to speak. He looked really nervous now that he seen all the elders in here. I just gave him a smirk.

"Well Christopher we discussed what was going to happen to you.." Enid spoke up looking around the room. "Since this was your first time ever doing anything like this and you've always tried to do the right thing for others you are safe." She continued.

I sucked my teeth loud as hell, "Are you forreal? He killed someone. Why is he not coming to the dark side?" I asked getting angry.

Charles looked over at me, "Son you need to calm down. He's never done anything like this before, even though he did this his heart is still very pure. I know you want to be with your brother but it can't always be like that, he deserves to be free of you once in a while. So for a week you need to come back down with us." He demanded.

"That's not even right, if that was me I would've been in the abyss for years and would've been forced to join the dark side. I don't want to come down there I'm enjoying myself up here." I'm sure my eyes were flashing red by now I was so mad. He always got treated like the golden boy. Not once was I ever chosen over him even by our parents. Nobody ever wanted me they always wanted Christopher. But I guess I can't be mad at him for it, it's not his fault nothing ever is. I looked over at my brother who looked relieved that I wasn't going to be around for a week.

"Wait why does he have to go? I'm happy I don't have to go over to the dark no offense but I need my brother. Even after everything he's still my brother." He asked. It shocked me a little though I wasn't expecting that.

"I'm sorry Christopher, but this is what we think is best right now. And we think some time away from him right now would be good for you considering what happened." Abigail an elder from the light said.

"Oh so I'm being blamed for what he did? I didn't make him kill that man he went out and did that himself, this is some straight bullshit bitch." I said ready to punch her.

"You need to watch yourself Christian you know what would happen if you ever attacked any of us. Not once did I say you were being blamed or that it's your fault." Abigail got defensive.

"I honestly don't care right now. You guys know this isn't even fair why can't he go up there with you guys and I stay here?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Leave it alone Christian let's go. We need you for something." Charles said. So I did, I just let it go like always. Especially if the dark elders needed something I was always there. Whenever they needed anything to get done they asked me. Pretty much whenever anyone needed anything done I always did it no questions asked.

When we got down there Enid waited for all the other dark elders to go inside the chamber room to talk. She pulled me to the side and whispered in my ear, "We need to speak later in private I have a personal issue I need your help with and I can't do it myself. Meet me by the stone hedge at eleven." She said and walked off into the room.

I stood there wondering what it could be she doesn't usually ask for anything personally so it must be really important. All I know is I'll be at that stone hedge at eleven.

Raven

I woke up to an empty bed but felt great. I can't believe I just had sex with Christopher. Honestly I don't know what came over me but I'm glad we did it. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand to see if I had any texts or calls but there was nothing. As I was getting up there was a knock at my door.

Quickly I covered myself up cause I didn't have any pants on still, "Come in." I yelled out. It was now past eleven at night so everyone should be home. My door opened and nobody was standing there. What the hell, I thought. I was too scared to move I just sat there staring at the darkness feeling around for my pants. After I found them I slid them on still not taking my eyes off the darkness just in case. With my phone in hand I slowly got up but instantly fell back down on my bed. My legs were weak from Chris.

I shot him a text telling him to come back right now because I was so scared. Christian is probably here messing with me. He replied saying he'd be here as soon as he can. Just as I looked up there was a dark figure standing in my door way. I gathered all my strength and ran to the window fumbling to get it open. After I got it open I quickly turned my head and the figure was gone.

I heard my mother scream from her bedroom and ran out of my room. As I made my way to her bedroom there was blood all over the walls towards the room. My dream is coming sort of coming true except this never happened in it.

Damien came running up the stairs and ran to me, "Was that mom?" He asked looking around noticing the walls. "Um Rae we should get up outta here and call the police... never mind we can't leave mom." He changed his mind.

"Yeah be quiet I'm not leaving mom." I added. We got to her door and I gripped the knob ready to turn it but Damien stopped me. I shot him a look and he shook his head.

"Let me do it, I don't want nothing happening to you." He sounded scared but protective. Then I shook my head and thought about August.

"Wait.. what about August? What if something happened to him? I need to go check on him real quick." I asked raising my eyebrows. I was about to go to his room but Damien grabbed my arm stopping me.

"He ain't home, he told me he was staying with his shorty tonight I guess." He said opening the door to see something I never wanted to see ever.

--