5.

Camila's POV

I pulled into the driveway of my house, parking my car. I climbed out of the car and grabbed my guitar case, walking to the front door. Ariana had been blowing up my phone for the past 2 and a half hours and I knew I was in for it when I walked inside.

I didn't care though. Nic was in need of a companion to wait with him until his mother arrived and who was I to say no to the kid?

I had to admit, his mother had to have been the most beautiful woman I had ever laid eyes on. She had the natural beauty about her. Her long black hair, those piercing green eyes, that curvy body. She had a confident air about her, yet she seemed so laid back.

She was different. I'm glad Nic had such an amazing mother in his life. He seemed really proud to call her his mother. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door, stepping into the house.

I could hear the sound of talking and a loud, snobbish laugh signaling my step father's presence. I shut the door behind me, accidentally letting it slam. I flinched slightly, closing my eyes as I stand in a frozen position.

"Camila?" Ariana's voice rang from the sitting room.

"Uh yeah?" I called back, opening my eyes as I gulped. I took a deep breath and walked towards the sitting room. As soon as the room came into view I saw my step father, mother and sister sitting one side of the room and Ariana's mother and brother sitting on the other. Pete Davidson sat on the loveseat with my girlfriend right under his arm.

"Where were you? I told you to be home two hours ago," Ariana said as she sat up, pushing Pete's arm away from her.

"I had to stay at the school to wait for one of my students to be picked up by his mother," I said as I looked at my girlfriend, setting my guitar case at the wall, "Sorry."

"So you basically worked over time?" My step father spoke up, causing me to look at him, "How much money will you make for that?"

"Uh none," I said as I took my snapback off to run a hand through my hair, "I wasn't working over time. I did of my own free will. He's a sweet kid and his dad forgot about him. So I waited with him until his mother showed up."

"That's so sweet, Kaki," My 16 year old sister, Sofi, said as she looked at me and I grinned slightly.

"Thanks, Sof," I said and she nodded at me.

"Stupid is more like it," my step father said and my eyes cut towards him as a frown appeared on my face.

"Ricky," my mother scolded him, slapping his arm.

"What? We were all thinking it. She's sitting here playing teacher, making a shitty salary when she should become a lawyer and work for me where she would make enough to be able to afford a new car for her girlfriend and be able to provide for her family."

"If I wanted your opinion, Rick. I would ask for your opinion. I'm happy with my job. I provide enough to make sure Ariana is well provided for. I don't need to make $140,000 a year to be happy. Ariana doesn't need any of that either. This is my house and you'll do well not to disrespect me in it," I said, glaring at my step father.

"Camila! Don't talk to your father that way," Ariana said from her seat on the couch.

"Step father. My father died 10 years ago," I said before walking towards the love seat. I glared down at Pete, raising a single eyebrow, "Move. Now."

Pete scoffed and rolled his eyes and my glare deepened. Ariana tapped his arm and Pete rolled his eyes again before standing up and moving to sit with the Grandes. I took a seat beside my girlfriend and put my arm on the back of the couch behind her.