Wake Up!

***Two Days Later***

I was jabbed in the middle of Kent and Jeff in mom's SUV.

I was starting to regret not sitting in the back with Matt, even though my cousins would make fun of me the whole time.

They were both fast asleep on either side of me. Mom was driving and Matt was laying across the three back seats, but he wasn't asleep yet.

When we lived in Louisiana, we used to visit them every other year, and they would come down and visit on the year that we didn't go see them.

My cousins are from Quakertown, Pennsylvania. A small town in the country. They have cats, dogs, chickens, pigs, and cows.

They also own more than ten acres of land behind there house that they use for hunting deer. Jeff has a dirt bike and Kent has a four-wheeler that they use in the woods also.

They also own a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains that's about a half an hour from their house. They usually go camping around the cabin. Which is where we're headed now.

There was no way I could fall asleep in this tight space between Kent, who I had to keep pushing off my shoulder, and Jeff, who was actually not in my space. But if we hit a bump I'm going down.

So that's how the five hour drive went. It would be about three hours if it wasn't for New York City traffic and the constant red lights until we got onto the interstate.

We stooped at a gas station and I tapped Jeff awake and after he got out, Matt pushed Jeff's seat down and jumped out. They boasted about how they could get out and I was stuck with this kid on my shoulder.

"Do you want anything?" My mom asked.

"No thanks." I didn't really have an appetite after that humiliation.

I hoped that they wouldn't get the idea to take a picture of me with this sleeping goon on my shoulder.

I disabled Jeff's phone for two hours. He was so mad at me and kept mumbling that he would pummel me if my mom and Matthew weren't in the car right now.
*****

Mom whistled at Kent to wake up, but he just turned over and kept sleeping.

We were five minutes away from the cabin.

"Come on Kent!" We all said sarcastically.

His eyes snapped open,"What?"

"We're almost there." Said my mom

He shot up when he realized that he was on my shoulder.

"Thanks." I muttered, and now my shoulder is sore.

Great.

We pulled up the driveway. As soon as mom put the SUV in park I pushed Kent out and ran to the door.

I was the first one in the cabin and I hurried into my room and started unpacking.

There is a kitchen, a TV set, three bedrooms, and two bathrooms.

Every bedroom had two beds in it except the master bedroom- and my mom had called dibs on it.

I was praying not to get stuck with Kent again.

My luck, as surprising as it is, had not run out yet because Jeff walked in and took the other bed.

I knew my overprotective cousins would not let allow me to sleep in the same room as my boyfriend. It was understandable I guess.

After I finished putting my clothes away, I put my toothbrush, soap, toothpaste, etc. in my mom's bathroom.

I went outside and sat near the pond behind the cabin to get away from this crazy thing called family.

*****

Here's your daily update!!!

I'm so tired. I have to start getting up early because school is getting ready to start in the south :(

Anyway you Northern people enjoy the rest of your summer! I'm just a little bit jealous of ya'll.

Bye!

The song of this chapter is, "Time of Your Life" by Green Day.

VOTE,

COMMENT,

& FOLLOW!!!

<3 Abbz