Chapter 219: What Happens In Vegas

Chapter 219

Jax's Point of View

"Lena and I have known each other for a long time now and she's come to mean everything to me. My mom always said we were sisters, but god didn't think either of our mothers could handle us together from birth so we had to find each other a little later in life." Rowan laughed into the microphone in her hand. The whole room was captured by her as she gave her maid of honor speech. "We've been there for each other through some of the hardest parts of our lives- accidents and break ups, and through the best parts; babies being born, marriages." She winked at me. I felt my heart swell with pride knowing she was my wife. I glanced around the room at all these fuckers looking at Rowan and felt insanely lucky that she picked me. "Emotional and mental breakdowns and a few too many hangovers, thanks to this one." Rowan pointed to Lena and they both laughed. "We've shared a lot of tears, but even more laughter. I wouldn't be the person I am today without her. I am so proud of the person you've become, Lena and the path you have chosen and the man you've chosen to spend your life with." Lena hugged Opie tighter and smiled through the tears falling down her cheeks. Opie rubbed her back gently. "Opie, I'm trusting you with one of the most important things in my life next to Jax and our kids. You hurt her and I'll kill you and make Jax bury your body." Opie laughed and shook his head.

"Funny, Lena gave me the same speech on our wedding day." I called out, smirking. Lena made the motion with her hands where she pointed at her eyes and then mine with her fingers; saying she was watching me.

I snickered and shook my head laughing. I'd already accepted that if I was going to be with Rowan I had to keep Lena too. They were a matching set.

"I've never been more happy for two people in my entire life." Rowan beamed, raising her glass of champagne to Opie and Lena. "To the bride and groom!" Everyone in the rather large dining room clapped their hands and cheered, raising their glasses as Opie kissed Lena, standing in the center of the dance floor.

They'd just finished dancing to Kiss Somebody by Morgan Evans. I couldn't even give Opie shit for dancing to some country song because I'd done the same damn thing. These girls had way too much of a hold over us guys. Thinking back to my high school days, there's no way in hell Tara would have gotten me to dance.

Rowan on the other hand...she's got her ways.

I sat at a table with Gemma, Clay, Kenny and Ellie and watched Rowan hug Lena. Music started playing and people started trickling out onto the dance floor, little by little, all fueled by the tequila that had been served. SAMVEGAS had rode out to celebrate with us, as well as Uncle Jury and his crew. Kenny and Ellie scrambled to their feet and ran back to the buffet table to get more tacos. That's what Lena has wanted margaritas, tequila and tacos. So that's what Rowan made happen for her.

Rowan walked over to me and I pulled her down on my lap. "That was quite a little speech." I told her, before pulling her face towards mine and placing a kiss on her lips, I could taste the champagne she drank on her lips.  "Thank you." She murmured against my lips, running her fingers through my beard. When she did that it felt so damn good. I closed my eyes as a satisfying little drunken smirk tugged at my lips.

Lena and Opie approached the table and sat down, laughing, making me open my eyes again.

"I can't believe Deacon isn't here." Opie huffed, picking up his beer.

"I was sure he'd be the one to call this wedding off, with his undying love for me and all." Lena laughed. I ran my hand up Rowan's thigh and looked out the windows of the hotel, watching the water fountains going off.