The Jule Ball - Fred Weasley

"So...do you already have a date for the Jule Ball?", you good friend and long-time crush Fred asked you one day on your way to potions class.
"Yes, actually, I do. My brother is taking me. We thought it might be easiest", you answered truthfully.
"Easiest?"
"Well, I've been asked by seven guys just today. And this way I don't have to go with anyone I might not want to go with", you explained.
"Poor you. How horrible it must be to be the only truly popular Slytherin in the whole school", Fred replied sarcastically.
You stuck out your tongue to him and asked him who else he was going to ask.
"Well, you know. Probably some Gryffindor." He shrugged his shoulders as if it didn't really matter to him. "But save me a dance, maybe?"
"Yes! Absolutely!", you answered and with that went to the front of the classroom to you desk.

When the day of the ball was finally there, you and your best friend spent the whole day helping each other with your make-up and hair. You wore an ankle-length deep blue dress with an open back and elbow-length sleeves. Your brother, being in Ravenclaw, waited for you in front of the Great Hall.

You watched the champion dancing the opening dance and as soon as everyone was allowed to join, your brother lead you onto the dance floor and you didn't leave it again for the next two hours or so. Then you decided it was time for you to get something to drink. You waited by the table while your brother went off to get you some beverages.
"Hey! How is your night going, Y/N?", a well-known voice asked from behind you.
"Hey Fred! I'm great! How's your night going? Who are you here with?", you wanted to know.
"I'm having lots of fun as well, even though I did not find anyone to come with me. But I managed to steal some dances here and there", he said with a smile. "Speaking of stolen dances, how about you give me the one you promised me when I asked you out?", he asked with his typical smirk on his lips. The one you fell for the very first time you ever saw it.
"Yes, absolutely! Just give me a minute to catch my breath. This is the first break my brother gave us since the ball began", you answered still a bit out if breath.
"Sure. As long as you don't forget about it!"
"I would never!" You assured him slightly patting his arm.
Soon after your brother came back with two glasses in his hands, handing you one and emptying the other one himself in one go.
"So, Sis. You ready for some more dancing?", he asked you with a mischievous grin.
Before you could answer, he had grabbed your hand and pulled you back on the dance floor.
When a slow song came on, your brother decided it was time for another break, which you agreed to immediately. You really wanted to sit down for a minute or so. Even though you loved dancing with your brother, it was exhausting. Just when you wanted to sit down, Fred showed up next to you, asking you for this dance.
"Just the one. Afterwards we can go outside and get some fresh air", he promised.
You couldn't really say no to him, so you took his hand and let him guide you to the dance floor. You danced slowly to the beat of the music and the longer the song went on, the closer you got to each other. She the music ended, you both needed a second or two to realize where you were right now.
Fred cleared his throat "So...fresh air?", he asked you.
"Yes, sounds great", you replied.

It was colder outside than you had thought, your backless dress didn't really do anything to warm you. You shivered a bit and walked closer to Fred. To share his body warmth, you told yourself.
The two of you talked for a bit, about your classes, about Quidditch, about the plans you had for when you would finish school after next year.
When the next wave of shivers went through your body, Fred took off his jacket and put it over your shoulders, while he never stopped talking.
"Thanks", you said, not having expected this kind of behaviour form him.
"Never mind. I can't very well let freeze to death out here, while your brother is waiting inside for you. He'd kill me for it", he laughed and soon enough you, too, were laughing.
"Can i ask you a question?", you wanted to know after you both has stopped laughing.
"Yes, sure. Shoot", he answered while taking your ice cold hands into his warm ones, rubbing the cold away. He must have noticed how you had rubbed them together for the past few minutes in effort to warm them.
"How come you didn't find a date? I mean, you can't tell me that no one wanted to come with you. That would be absolutely ridiculous!"
"Well, to be honest, the only girl I really wanted to go with turned me down, so I decided not to ask anyone else and just hope I could steal as many dances as possible from the one", he answered, not looking up from your hands he was still holding in his. You had stopped walking and now stood under a tree, both of you leaving against it sideways.
You didn't quite understand what he was trying to say, why he asked you out, why he was out here with you right now. He couldn't possibly mean you with what he said, could he? There was no way you could be so lucky as to have your crush actually like you back.
"So, did you get many dances with her?", you asked, unsure of what else to say.
Fred laughed a little and finally looked into your eyes. "I wish, but sadly her brother danced with her all night long, so I only got one dance so far."
No way, this could not be happening.
Fred looked you deep in the eyes, seemingly waiting for you to respond in one way or another.
"You understand what I'm saying, right Y/N?"
"I-I think I do. I'm not sure I believe it, though", you managed to get out an answer.
Fred chuckled again, lightly shaking his head. "Y/N, you are unbelievable." He said, still laughing lightly. "Would it be alright if I kissed you, Y/N?", he asked and moved forward a bit, closing the distance between the two of you.
"I would like that, yes", you nodded your head, also moving in closer.
Fred lowered his head a bit, while you stood on you tiptoes to connect your lips.
It was an amazing kiss. Since this was only your third kiss ever, you didn't really have a great frame if reference, but you doubted anything could ever top this kiss. That was until Fred put one of his hands into your hair and pulled you in even closer. After what felt like forever, he broke you two apart.
You were both slightly out of breath and to fill your lungs with the cold December air before you were able to speak again.
"I think we should go back inside, before your brother starts worrying", Fred said, his forehead still connected to yours.
"Yes, right. You're right, we should get back in there", you snapped back into reality, remembering your surroundings and the event going on inside the castle.
Just as you were about to turn around and walk back inside, Fred pulled you back into another breathtaking kiss. You then made your way back up to the castle, his hand still holding yours even though you weren't cold at all anymore.
Back in the castle you gave back Fred's jacket and just as you were about to go look for your brother, you heard him calling for you.
"Y/N! Good to see the two of you didn't freeze to death out there!" He said laughing.
"Well, as you can see, we didn't, and we're back now", you answered, smiling innocently.
"However, I'm tired and I'm going to bed now. You two have a good night!" Without waiting for an answer, your brother turned around and went off to Ravenclaw tower.
"Well, seems like you'll get to dance with me some more after all", you said to Fred, smiling.
"Yes, seems like it." He pecked you on the lips again, before leading you into the Great Hall and to the dance floor.

You danced with Fred until the end of the ball and afterwards he accompanied you own into the dungeons until he wasn't allowed any further.
"So, good night, Y/N. Have nice dreams", he said, with his typical smirk. He leaned down again and gave you one last kiss for the night, then turned around and made his way out of the dungeons. As he reached the stairs, he turned around again. "How about we go to Hogsmeade together tomorrow?"
"Yes, I would love to!" You answered with the biggest smile plastered on your face.
"Then it's a date", Fred said grinning, winked at you and went up the stairs to Gryffindor Tower.
A date, you thought, unbelievable this crush actually worked out for once.
That night you dreamt only of Fred and the amazing night you had dancing with him.