2.

School is more of a prison than a learning institution, everything's controlled by the sound of a bell. The bell rings to notify you when it's lunch time, when it's time to go to class to learn trivial information and last but not least when it's time to see your friends.

Just as I finished the thought I approached my locker with Violet leaning against it.

"What's the craic?" I asked as I stopped beside her.
"Oh, it's you" was her reply as she looked me up and down.
"Yes I've decided to grace you with my presence"
"Lucky me" Violet replied with zero enthusiasm

Violet pushed herself off of my locker and turned to face me. When she did she pulled me into a hug that squeezed all the air out of my lungs. Leaving me barely breathing. I patted Violet's back to signify I couldn't breathe she clearly didn't get the message and continued squeezing my insides together.

"I can't breathe" I uttered as I manage to get the words out. Violet finally decides to let go. I sigh in relief.
"So. Are we going to the welcome back to school hallway party tonight?" Violet inquires.

The welcome back to school hallway party is an annual event where students are allowed to do whatever we what without being supervised. This only happens for one night. That's why every year our school opens on a Friday so we can throw our annual party. The party is planned by the seniors only and attended by the whole school.

"To answer your question Miss Baker yes we are"
"I was hoping you would say that"
"Where's Luke?" I questioned. As if on cue Luke approached us.
"Morning loves"

"He greets" Violet muses making me giggle slightly and Luke ignoring her and turning his attention to me.
"Hey" I said returning his greeting
"You coming to the party tonight, Jelly Tot"
"Yeah and you?"
"Of course, babygirl" was his reply "I'll pick you up and we can go together?"
"Absolutely"
"Aren't you guys forgetting someone?"
"No I don't think so. What about you, Aurora?"

"No I don't believe we are" I said agreeing with Luke.
"You guys are unbelievable" Violet stated making Luke and I burst out with laughter.
"You we love you" Luke and I said at the same time as we went in for a group hug.

At this point the bell rang and we released each other.
"I'll pick you both up for the party later" He called out as he walked backwards away from us heading to class.
"Yeah" Violet and I called out as we all separated going to our irrespective classes. We all three turned around facing forward and continued walking to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Returning home after an exhausting first day of the new schooling year felt like a mini vacation. Before I do anything else I have to pick out tonight's outfit. After sorting through millions of clothing items I finally picked out the perfect outfit:

 After sorting through millions of clothing items I finally picked out the perfect outfit:

Since I got an outfit I can finally relax after a long day at school.

3 hours later......

I starting getting ready for the party. I put on my outfit I chose earlier and straightened my hair with just minutes to spare as Luke pulled up. I locked the front door as I went out and climbed into the back seat of the car.

"Let's go, girly pops"
"What's with all the energy?" Violet questioned
"And I'm not a girl" Luke added in
"I'm just excited to see what this years seniors has planned for tonight" I said ignoring Luke's comment.

We drove in silence for 5 minutes with the radio playing in the background until our song came on the radio. We all started singing to along:

"There is a friend in me" Violet started
"There is a friend in me" Luke continued 
"When they go out to fly" I finally sang
"There is a friend in me" we all sang together at this point.
"Yes, a friend in me"
"There is a friend in me"

We were all in our element enjoying our childhood song. The song came from the first movie that the three of us has ever watched together. Then the one thing happened that ruined our carpool karaoke we arrived at our destination. Our school hallway party.