CHAPTER FIVE

Nicole's POV

I still haven't met a new friend and it's already the end of September. There is this one girl that's really nice. Her name is Hailey and she is in my history class. We've only ever talked a few times but I really wanted to get to know her. So, during history, we exchanged phone numbers and hung out the following weekend. Here's what happened.

When Hailey got to my house, we ate lunch and talked. After that, we went to my room and talked about the usual girls stuff. Boys, gossip, and other people. "Who do you like?" I asked Hailey. "Ermm. Well... HEY LOOK A SPIDER!!" I screamed in dear just to find our she was trying to change the subject. "HAY-LEEY!" I yelled. "Whatttt?" She responded innocently. "WHO. DO. YOU. LIKE?" I begged. I finally forced the answer out of her. "Fine. I like Josh Kenton..." Hailey mumbled. "JOSH KENTON!!! OOOOO!!! Good choice. He's pretty cute." I quickly responded. "Pretty cute? He is GORGEOUS. Anyway, who do you like?" "Uhm... Uh... Erm..." "NICOLE JENSEN. ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW. " "Okay Okay.... Mason Jackson." I looked away. "MASON JACKSON? THE ONE DATING THAT PAIGE GIRL?" Hailey said, surprised. "Uhm yeah.. I kind of have history with 'that Paige girl'..." "SPILL THE DEETS." Hailey said enthusiastically. I told Hailey about what had happened last year. "Wait. So she KNOWS that you like Mason?!? She is totally trying to make you jealous!! I hadn't put that into mind but it makes a lot of sense. That's when I realized that Paige is the cruelest, meanest and by far the WORST person I know.